4.5 Lift with Flat Flares and 35? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 4.5 Lift with Flat Flares and 35?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

4.5 Lift with Flat Flares and 35?

Curious if anyone has ran 35s with 4.5 lift and used the bushwhacker flat flares, if those flares and what material gets removed to use them was enough to clear them fine. thanks,

Unread 01-13-2014, 02:03 AM   #2
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
For 35s I trimmed roughly along the stock flare outer edge on 4" lift height, rear cut 'n fold, and didn't have any rubbing issues. IIRC around 3" bumpstopping. Looking at the BW flat fender flare installation instructions and what people have posted on the interweb, I'd say you've got a pretty good chance of succeeding with the setup you're thinking of.

Don't count on me though, I'm judging this by only looking at things through my screen

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #3
TJSE1997
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Subbed for wanting the same setup. 4.5" on 35's with flat flares
TJSE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
BeepBeepGoJeep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Alright yea i kinda figured it would be a close one...would be nice if that would work.
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #5
TJSE1997
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It works just got my 35's today. I also have control arm drop brackets shimmed all the way forward. This is 4.5" lift

image-2926261667.jpg
TJSE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.