31's or 30's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 31's or 30's

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-07-2002, 10:41 AM   #1
jeeptrailrunner

31's or 30's

OK...I have heard people putting 31's with a lift on a 97+ cherokee...I have a 98 and want to get 31's, but people say that the 31's will stuff pretty badly with only a 2 inch lift. I heard of some people putting the 30 in w/o a lift. so...is it ok to get 31X10.5 or only 30's with a 2 inch lift?

thanks...cheers

Unread 03-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #2
hjeepxj

what 2"? why not just go with rustys 3" its 245$ you will beable to run 31" tires easily, 30"s can go stock, little articulations, but perfect with a 2" 31"S can go on stock, you just need to trim 31"S could go on a 2" but not very good offroad

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #3
jeeptrailrunner

hey hjeepxj, you note was a little bit unclear...I can run 31 with a 2 inch lift?

I have the front blocks, so I just have to get the shackels in the back...I am a college student...so $$$ is not good for me.
Unread 03-07-2002, 02:10 PM   #4
jeeptrailrunner

oh...one more thing...this sounds stupid...btu "trim" what?
Unread 03-07-2002, 09:02 PM   #5
CB89XJ

Get 31's. You may rub on the LCA's (lower control arms), so just adjust the steering stops or your driving.

Chances are you will want to go to a bigger lift in the future, and then you will already have the tires for it. You should be ok for minor offroading w/ only a 2" lift.

Trimming would be to trim either the fender flares, or the fenders completely. That first cut is the hardest one.

www.bmja.org
CB89XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2002, 02:52 PM   #6
hjeepxj

i meant that you could run 31's on a 2" lift with rubbing but if you trim your fenders good you can run them good, also get good offset rims

hjeepxj0.tripod.com

"Im okay, im alright, just might get a little high tonight, im okay, im alright, CARRY ON!"

-Pat Green
hjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2002, 06:44 PM   #7
jeeptrailrunner

thanks for you help...cheers
jeeptrailrunner
Unread 03-09-2002, 12:19 PM   #8
Greenmachine

You may need a SYE ( slip yoke eliminator) due to driveline vibration on 97 and newer XJ's, if you want to use a lift of 2 inchs or more..
so i'm told.

98 XJ stock. 235x15
Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.