Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

$28 for 6 NGK V-Powers?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Kevin108 
#1 ·
96 Cherokee inline 6 4.0 and went to NAPA to get the recommended NGK plugs. His computer pulled up the NGK 7252 (FR5-1) and charged me $28 for 6 of em.

Price seemed a little high so I'm wondering.. is this is the right plug for my truck? Thanks.

#5 ·
96 Cherokee inline 6 4.0 and went to NAPA to get the recommended NGK plugs. His computer pulled up the NGK 7252 (FR5-1) and charged me $28 for 6 of em.

Price seemed a little high so I'm wondering.. is this is the right plug for my truck? Thanks.
Don't use NGK FR5-1 plugs. There's a mistake on the website that says they fit 98 and down 4.0 XJ's, when in fact, they're for Chrysler and Dodge V8's. The FR5-1 plugs have an extension on the end of the plug that is a Chrysler spec.

Use the NGK ZFR5N plugs. They're the same as your Champion RC12LYC plugs, and RC12ECC plugs.

Take those POS FR5-1 plugs back.

Edit: Here's a pic of the NGK FR5-1 (middle), NGK ZFR5N, and Champion RC12ECC plugs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.