2001 XJ Step/Courtesy Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2001 XJ Step/Courtesy Lights

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 05-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
toothraptor
2001 XJ Cherokee 

2001 XJ Step/Courtesy Lights

New to this forum,

I have recently swapped out my stock dome lights for white LED's and had no problem doing so. After scouring the web I cannot however find the correct LED's or even regular bulbs for the step lights under the dash on the right and left sides. Anybody know what bulb number they are? Everywhere I look has a wedge LED but that is not the case, its a round connection on the bottom. I have a 2001 Cherokee limited. Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

-toothraptor

toothraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
lazyxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My 2001 Owner's manual shows a #168 bulb for the "Underpanel Courtesy Lamps" - 2 required.
Lets us know what you find and, if available, color temperature of the lamp.
I dislike the blueish 6000K bulbs, preferring something in the 4000k range.

I have run my battery down leaving a door open more than once. Interior LEDs would be helpful in preventing dead batteries. We all need to use interior lights on, at times, when the engine isn't running.
I added a switch that shuts off the lights, when the doors are open.
The interior lights can still be turned on normally using the headlight switch. It's left in the 'off' position most of the time.
2001 Sport, 4" lift, 33 X 10.50 KOs, R.E. DB, R.E.-UCA, JKS-LCA, ACOS, 8.25-4.56-TruTrac, SYE, D-30 E-locker w/alloy shafts, Hidden M8000 winch, Vanco front and ZJ rear disc brakes, Lots of armor, Towing baseplate. http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/c...7603770130683/
lazyxj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You can always just tap into those wires and put some of those cheap LED strips under there. I have seen plenty of people do this with nice results. Some even pick different colors then the white....I'm sure someone will chime in with pictures of this if your interested
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
toothraptor
2001 XJ Cherokee 

No luck

Still having trouble looking for the right LED. The strips would look pretty cool, I'm going to put some in. Thanks for the advice!
toothraptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.