2001 XJ Sport 2 Door Build/Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2001 XJ Sport 2 Door Build/Rebuild

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
isolationyears
2001 XJ Cherokee 

2001 XJ Sport 2 Door Build/Rebuild

Last April (2011) we got a new to us 2001 XJ with 108,000 miles for $6000, kind of high priced but this thing is clean.

Had it for a few days and started getting parts. SYE kit, custom rear drive shaft built locally, 3.5" RC full spring pack lift, adjustable upper CA, quick disco, 30X9.5 BFG TAKO's.

Went on a few trips here and there, and went to Silver Lake and a local gravel pit with my neighbor. This thing is really fun, this is our first Jeep.

Just done some mild stuff, more to come soon. Here are some pics to show what is have to work with.

isolationyears is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking XJ!
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
isolationyears
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Update on my XJ - Hit and Run :rantscream:

I can't belive this we have only had it for a year. Driving from my house to the gas station, not even 2 blocks away, some dude hits us right in the driverís door and sent me into the grass median.

No one was injured, just my jeep.

Took it in to the body shop for an estimate and the insurance company said it way a total loss. Something like, $4700 worth of damage. They said the value of my Jeep is $6300 and I can buy it back for $1300 leaving me with a check for $5000. Not too bad I think.

I guess itís time to get some rock sliders, bumpers, steering upgrade and rear axle swap now that I have some cash. I will keep posting pics and upgrades on this page.

Unread 04-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that sucks but glad everyone was ok.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
biztyke
2001 XJ Cherokee 

hey i'd say you did pretty good! i mean accident's suck and all, but no one was hurt and you got $5k out of the deal. yeah, the jeep is a little banged up. i'd cut out the rockers and weld in some 2x6 for sliders and just do the best i could with the door and rear panel. you can get colour matched paint at the dealer, i did that for fixing a hole some thief put in my driver's door....looks good(body shop wanted $1200 to fix it, i did it for about $50).
biztyke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
isolationyears
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I'm looking at some different options to fix the body damage. Going to push the rear quarter out from the inside and piece the rockers back together.

Not really worried about the color match, figure I will bed liner the bottom quarter of the jeep all the way around. Still have have some thinking to do, this will be a daily driver. I want it to look good and be functional but not beauty queen pretty.

The only other car we have is my 3/4 ton 2wd truck, and it sucks down the gas. It will be nice when we can drive our jeep again.

Tags
2 door , bfgoodrich , rough country lift , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.