2001 Cherokee Sport replacement exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2001 Cherokee Sport replacement exhaust

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
cipher
2001 XJ Cherokee 

2001 Cherokee Sport replacement exhaust

I am not sure if my exhaust is original or not, but my muffler connects to my cat via a bolt together flange. When running, I hear and smell exhaust from that area. There is a very tiny hole in the almost perfect muffler and the bolt together flange looks to be separated. All that said, I've decided to replace from the bolt together flange to the tail pipe. I thought about a cat back, but I can get it a lot cheaper by piecing it out.

I'm thinking about either a Flowmaster Super 40 or 50 muffler and upgrading to 2.5" pipe after the muffler. I want that deep aggressive sound, but I don't want to be annoyed by drone inside the cab when cruising. What do you guys think of this idea?

I know a lot of people here like Magnaflow. Which Magnaflow muffler compares in sound to the super 40 / 50?

cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.