2000 XJ won't start NSS replaced - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
JFrank1968
2002 TJ Wrangler 

2000 XJ won't start NSS replaced

Hi everyone. I have a strange situation (at least I think it is). My 2000 XJ sits quite a bit. The battery has been disconnected and checked so I know it's not that. When I would go to start it in the past, I would have to rock it back and forth and it would finally start (it's an automatic). That finally quit working (wouldn't even turn over) so I thought it was the NSS. I tried getting the old one off and cracked it so I bought a new one. Put that on tonight and it still won't crank over. The reverse lights come on, but won't crank in neutral or in park....doesn't even click. I've tried search, but with so many other posts out there, I didn't see any that fit my situation. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I noticed a small leak in the gas line. I read on another post that if there isn't any pressure it wouldn't want to turn over. I've also replaced the crankshaft sensor not too long ago so I don't think it's that. Again, any help would be appreciated.

2002 TJ Sahara, 4.0L, 5spd, Sienna Pearl, RE 3.5", 35x12.5 Maxxis Trepadors, LoD Extreme Bumper w/Carrier, LoD "Shorty" bumper with guard, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Skid Row Radiator Skid, Tera Oil Pan Skid, AEM Brute Force Intake, B&M oil cooler, PS cooler, RuffStuff diff covers, OR Fab cage, Mile Marker PE8000 winch, 1" BL, Currie 1" MML, Aluminum shroud & radiator w/electric fan. "Bling": Hurst shifter and heated seats. Sienna Pearl Club #32
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Devil15

Bad starter. Maybe you just overlooked it because of your previous nss problem.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 08:56 PM
soto23

starter fuse or relay

post #4 of 4 Old 09-23-2017, 07:12 AM
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrank1968 View Post
..... would go to start it in the past, I would have to rock it back and forth and it would finally start (it's an automatic). That finally quit working (wouldn't even turn over) so I thought it was the NSS. ... bought a new one. Put that on tonight and it still won't crank over. The reverse lights come on, but won't crank in neutral or in park....doesn't even click.
Have you bypassed the NSS to test for non-NSS issues ( starter ?) causing the no-start ? Have you adjusted the NSS to different positions and re-tried starting ?

Have removed, inspected, cleaned, and snugged firmly all the battery, starter, and alternator wiring connections ? At this point you may want to remove the starter and have it tested.

Did you buy a good quality NSS, or a cheap Chinese clone NSS ?

A recent Gallup public opinion poll shows the NRA, at 58% approval, has a higher approval rating than either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ...

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.