2000 XJ 4.0L P0300, P0303, P0304 & tuneup questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2000 XJ 4.0L P0300, P0303, P0304 & tuneup questions

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
mntn-biker
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildin1XJ View Post
If you are going to be paying for replacement head + labor and an outrageous fee of 700 for rear main seal I would go with the reman. engine as long as it has an upgraded head such as a TUPY or Clearwater head.
Does a TUPY or Clearwater head use a better quality casting?

mntn-biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #17
buildin1XJ
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

A Tupy head will be found in 2003 and 04 grand Cherokees and Wranglers and were made by a Brazilian company and it is a upgraded head. Clear Water heads are a brand new upgraded head shipped to your door for around 450$ Google Tupy 0331 heads as well as Clearwater heads.
buildin1XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #18
mntn-biker
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I finally got around to working on the XJ and started with replacing the plugs. The plug tips were really bad. The gaps were worn to the point that the gap was probably double to triple the .035" spec'd gap. I did not do a compression check since time was not available to me. I figured since the plugs were so bad that I'd just replace them and see if I still get the cylinder misfire codes.

mntn-biker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.