2000 jeep grand cherokee serpentine tensioner removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2000 jeep grand cherokee serpentine tensioner removal

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 01-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
TommySA

2000 jeep grand cherokee serpentine tensioner removal

I am having a real problem removing a 2000 jeep grand cherokee serpentine tensioner. The only bolt I can see is on the front and it looks like a star bit I tried a 30 which was too small and a 40 was too big. It is not an Allen wrench
I do have the new tensioner and there is a hole all the way through where this bolt is located ( on The Front) Is it possible that it is not the right bolt that should be removed? or did someone installed the wrong bolt. Just making sure the bolt can be removed from the front.
Thanks in Advance
tombeavan@live.com

TommySA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You might try asking this in the GRAND Cherokee forum. This forum is for the regular Cherokee made between 1984 and 2001.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!

For Sale to Good Home---2000 XJ Factory Service Manual (Printed Version) PM for details.
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.