2000 Cherokee Sport with Dim Head Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2000 Cherokee Sport with Dim Head Lights

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Unread 10-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Lancair IV

2000 Cherokee Sport with Dim Head Lights

I just picked up a 2000 Cherokee Sport and the head lights seem very dim. A friend of mine said to purchase "silver stars".

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Lancair IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
h2rescue

nope Silverstars rock, i have a set in my 96 and the difference is amazing, i highly recommend silverstars.... and welcome to the board.
White Jeep Club Member #51

Project Groundhog:
1996 XJ SPORT, 4.0 AW4 NP231, Rock Sliders
PIAA lighting, Grill Guard, Dual Battery Setup
h2rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
BIGNUTT
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah the stockers suck, silverstats are good for the $$$

Proud to be a Christian
BIGNUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
severous01

silverstars suck balls. sure they're excelent lighting...for like 2 months till the bulb burns out and then you're spending another 70 bucks replacing them.

spend the 70 bucks once and get some hella conversion lenses and get some hellp/phillips bulbs.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
nylyon

Had my Silverstars for over a year, still going strong! Going to get them for the fogs next.
Unread 10-27-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
fro-nig
The Mighty Fro-nig

i have the sylvania silverstars in my dodge, have had em for at least 2 years.

i was complaining about the dim lights, but i just lifted the jeep. and now the lights seem a lot better! still gonna upgrade to the silverstars soon!
31x9.5 Super Swamper TSL Radials on stock wheels

FOR SALE: $5000 OBO
1995 dodge ram 1500 4x4
8" suspension lift
DC long arm kit
35" baja claw radials on 15x10 rockcrawler wheels
fro-nig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
BigBearXJ

build a HD harness, like Go-jeeps and your stock lights will be MUCH brighter.
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Bgeddes
Ridin' with the King

About a year and a half ago I had the exact same problem. Dim lights. I spent $40 for a set of Silverstars and they have been doing well ever since. Easiest and least expensive thing to try first.
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #9
SebG

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01
silverstars suck balls. sure they're excelent lighting...for like 2 months till the bulb burns out and then you're spending another 70 bucks replacing them.

spend the 70 bucks once and get some hella conversion lenses and get some hellp/phillips bulbs.

LOL

I paid $15 for each silverstar. Had them for more than a year until i replaced it with HID's
SebG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #10
NighthawkXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, i think i got mine for under 15$ and they have been great, i need to tip them down a bit with my lift, i get flashed all the time, but one flash back, and they have nothing else to say.
Unread 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #11
Reindeer

Silverstars

I bought a pair of _Sylvania Silverstar_ headlights about 3 years ago and they are still producing more than twice the light that the stock bulbs did. What a difference!

They are every bit as bright as some newer vehicles on the road. You may want to adjust the aim of the lights so as not to blind oncoming drivers, or if you have a lift.
You might get flashed once in awhile, but that's because the Silverstars are so bright.
I spent $20 a piece for them. Best upgrade I have made for the money.

If you find that your headlights are still dim after the upgrade, then maybe your battery is about to go out and needs replacing. My battery died awhile ago, but on the way out it was able to light the headlights just enough for them to appear dim.

You can replace the wiring to the lights if you want to, but I would look at these two other things first. Replacing the wiring was unnecessary in my stock '92.

After that, I would recommend fog lights on the front bumper for better light coverage on the sides and down low in front. I have found that Jeep headlights reflect snow and rain rather well, unfortunately, and the fogs definitely help. I have amber fogs.
Reindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
Sugarfuzz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by severous01

Wheres a link to this kit or better yet, where did you purchase it? I'd like to look into this.
Sugarfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #13
88wagon

i just bought a set of nice fog lights mine was already prewired from the factory for them.
88wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #14
Green Envy XJ

i upgraded to the next higher Sylvania (can't remember the name) but just under the silver stars.

yeah, i agree. the stock lights suck. these new ones are a huge improvement. i'd really like to see silver stars.
Unread 10-28-2006, 07:16 PM   #15
groovyone
1998 XJ Cl***ic

Silverstars here too. HUGE improvement over stock and got them for $17 each. I still want brighter, but they were definately worth while.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.