2 questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2 questions

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
1cleanGSR

2 questions

1) has anyone put in like a bedliner or something down instead of carpet?

2) has anyone taken out the back seat and put in buckets? i hella wanna do that but im thinking it could be a *****

1cleanGSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
Blue XJ
1988 MJ Comanche 

1 - yes

2 - yes, no bolts for the bottom half, 2 for the back, really easy
Blue Jeep Club Member #72
| 4.6L Stroker | AW4 | 6.5" RK Long Arm Kit | 35" TruXus MT's | HP30, 4.56, ARB, Alloys, Lockouts | C8.25, 4.56, ARB, Alloy Shafts, Disk Brakes | Warn XD9000i | Interior Cage |
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
Twisted

1) Had been done many times. Search and you shall see.

2) I'm sure its been done somewhere but I've never seen it. Not sure how much you would like that since there is a big hump under the back seat and mounting buckets back there will make them almost hit the ceiling without some fab work.

[U]My vehicles[/U]
97 Cherokee: 4.0, RE Lift, 33" Trxus MT's, Yukon 4.56's, and locked front and rear...
87 Mazda Extra cab p/u: 2.5" body drop and full air ride
99 Honda Civic SI: Electron Blue Pearl - [color=red]Sold[/color][/size]
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
1cleanGSR

im new to the whole Jeep scene so this is cool. i can do some fab work and im not sitting back there so it wouldn't really bother me. do you have any pics of the back bucket seats?
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #5
namtrah
2004 WJ 

Nice thought

I had been pondering this idea also. Before i forget, yes I put Herculiner over my entire floor, yes it sucks after it heats up and starts to peel. After several days of prep work, that really pissed me off. Getting like Rhino or line X sprayed in would be the best. If you designed the rear buckets to not have a bracket that is as long as a stock type, you could have the back of the seat rest on the hump and utilize it's height to mount the seat. Wouldn't it be damn cool though?
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:56 PM   #6
1cleanGSR

thats what im saying. i think thatd be badass. and it be nice to be harnessed in while in the back when your mobbing. anyone with pics?
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #7
mylt1

"mobbing"? what planet are you from? why not just do a 2 seater? build a storage bin where the seats used to be. there is a thread on here if you do a search on back seats. oh and im gonna spray dupla-color on the floors either thiss weekend or next so i will post pics when done.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:26 PM   #8
Dewidge

I actually just saw some pics of the front buckets placed in the back seat area on this site or jeepsunlimited. They were really tight left from right but it looked like he had plenty of head room.
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:27 PM   #9
1cleanGSR

i guess its just a Nevada thing. cool im excited to see them
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
tizzdizz
2003 WJ 

I think it'd be cool.
buckets are easier to stay in when your bouncing round.

dammit, everytime I come on here and talk about jeeps and mods I want one even more. Doesn't anyone have a free jeep for me??? waaaahhh

I know I know. Oh well now that I've vented....

I think the kind of bedliner that's sprayed in profesionally is more costly, but more permanent and heavy duty. I could be wrong tho.
74 Nova - 2" drop and disc conv. Sold.
My videos
tizzdizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #11
1cleanGSR

that would make sense to me. you pay for what you get
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #12
namtrah
2004 WJ 

$75 Herc

$75 for a gallon of herc, another $4.99 for Xylol, and some more for extra gloves and anything else that is helpful, like prep materials...VS Line X or Rhino Linings that cost $400 for a regular truck bed, but they do the work and you can have a nice thick 1/8" coating of protection. They do the prep work if you want them to. Although, I'm sure removal of seats, console, etc would be on you. I used the Herc, my vehicle condition dictated a cheap solution. If I had a rust free solid XJ, line XJ would be my choice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.