2 inch lift help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2 inch lift help

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
RamboPants
1987 XJ Cherokee 

2 inch lift help

I wanna add some height to this thing but don't wanna trim and do anything to the drive train also get some new wheels and maybe bigger tires need some suggestions please, I don't wanna spend a lot either.

RamboPants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

2" OME leafs in the rear, 2" coils in the front (or ZJ V8 coils) and call it a day. Replace the shocks if they need replacing, don't bother if they're in good shape. Don't waste your money on spacers and 2" shackles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
whitexj98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nothing wrong with spacers and shackles if your rear leafs are in decent condition. I ran like that for a long time. Simple, cheap, and works fine. Just dont use blocks.
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Ride quality suffers and 2" shackles put too much stress on stock leafs due to shackle angle along with the other issues that come from a bad angle.

Quote:
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
RamboPants
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I wanna avoid any of the lift problems I can. I have new shocks , bushing, track bar and front axel joints. With a 2 in I wont have to drop the t case or trim anything will I?
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
xj-jake
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Personally I would put in new rear leafs and front coils and be done with it. You shouldn't need to run a tcase drop or anything like that but if you get vibes that's the first thing I would do.
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Unless you're trimming your fenders enough for full articulation without swaybars and have shorter than stock travel shocks you won't need longer shocks. You won't need a tcase drop either, at 2" you're barely effecting the pinion angles at all.

As for tires, if you don't want to trim or get new wheels or spacers stick with a 235/75/15 or a 30x9.15x15 if you're going offroad. If not you can run a 31x9.5x15.

Quote:
Unread 08-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
RamboPants
1987 XJ Cherokee 

I just ordered some 235 cooper discoverer anyone have any good deals on 2 in leafs and coils?
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPants
I just ordered some 235 cooper discoverer anyone have any good deals on 2 in leafs and coils?
Zone off road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.