Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2" Budget lift place holder for 31's? or go with 30's

707 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
So I bought my Cherokee in February, it came with snow tires installed, the second set are essentially bald. I need to get these ****ers off ASAP before i grind them to nothing and im throwing out the others. its also bone stock

i eventually want to lift it to 3-4.5, with 31x10.5 tires, but im sure if i put those on with stock suspension it will rub. would a budget lift suffice if im keeping it on the street until its lifted? or should i go with 30x9.5s? i dont want to waste money going from 30's to 31's down the road either.

it also has the tow package and has never towed so theres no sagging in the rear.

thanks a lot. I also read the FAQ and im still unsure.

#2 ·
31s work with 2" BB. At most, you need to temporarily add a bit of bumpstopping and adjust steering stops to prevent rubbing on the LCAs at full steering lock. If you plan on trimming the fenders, you can easily run 31s with 2" BB without any added bumpstopping.

#5 ·
I had a Cherokee with 31x10.5's and a 3" lift. I still had rubbing in one of my front fenders, when turned all the way, but I think my fender was a little messed up. I thinks ome of the plastic inner guard was hanging down a bit. The other side was fine. I think it would be close with the 2", but Timo_90xj's advice sounds like a good possibility. Good luck!

#7 ·
Good tires aren't cheap.Go with 31's and a BB if that is your main goal (31's).Adjust your bumpstops.Adding a washer or two on the steering stops will prevent rubbing when turning at full lock.I've seen unlifted Jeeps on 30's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.