2.5-3" leaf springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 2.5-3" leaf springs

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

2.5-3" leaf springs

I'm looking for the cheapest way to have new leaf springs and 2.5-3" of lift. Not worried about the front right now. I just need to get rid of my sagging stock leaf springs. I don't want to do a bastard pack, just looking for the cheapest way. Whether it be HD leafs and extendable shakcles, full leaf packs, replacement leafs with small blocks, etc. 2.5" leaf packs would be awesome, but Skyjacker makes the only ones I can find, and they're $415.

Howard92XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

IMO if you add a 3" leaf pack to your jeep, it may look a little weird. Most companies make leaf packs no less than 3" of lift. I know you said you didnt want to do a bastard pack but an add a leaf may not be a bad idea. you can always run a block but im not a fan of blocks. Shackles are another cheap option that would be cheap and easy. Rustys offroad sells a 3" pack for fairly cheap but their bushings arent the best. It seems that in your case (trying to keep it the cheapest), a block, add a leaf, or shackle would be your best bet. or lift it
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Lyonsa80

Superlift makes 2-1/2" leaf packs. Manufacturer's part #01-522 I think. Quadratec has them for $137 each, but I'm sure you could find them for less than that. They typically have a higher mark-up than most + shipping.
I wouldn't recommend Superlift leaf packs though if you're planning on carting a ton of weight around (ie. heavy-duty bumpers, full-size spares, parts and wheeling tools, tons of camping gear, multiple dead bodies, etc.). They'll sag pretty badly under weight. Not heavy-duty by any means. HOWEVER, if you're gonna keep her mainly stock, their leaves would be great. Nice ride, no squeak bushings, and a decent company to deal with. Steer clear of the block temptation. Just my Good luck man.
Lyonsa80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well I've already got 2 inch coil spacers up front, which is why im not worried about it right now. I already bought a set of shocks from Rough Country that are for 2-4" of lift. If I wouldn't have already bought those, I'd just buy Rusty's 3" full spring lift kit. But since I already have new shocks, I just want to buy new leaf springs for now that will give me about 2.5" of lift.
Unread 01-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsjeep24 View Post
It seems that in your case (trying to keep it the cheapest), a block, add a leaf, or shackle would be your best bet. or lift it
It would be the cheapest, but no matter what I do, I'd like to get full leaf springs. So, I'd have to buy lets just say the hd springs from Quadratec($200 plus bushings and shipping) then I would also have to get a shackle. So, even though it's not that cheap, I'd have to say that 3" leaf packs are my best bet right now, unless someone else chimes in with a good idea. Or if anyone is selling some used??? I checked the For Sale section, but nothing good.
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I found that Rusty's has a pair of 3.5" leaf springs for $230. I've read that the bushings Rusty's supplies are junk, but that's all I can remember reading. I can't find any reviews now. Anyone have anything bad to say about those leaf springs? Or does anyone know of a 2.5-3.5 front and rear lift kit that does not include shocks?
Unread 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
cumminsjeep24
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92XJ View Post
I found that Rusty's has a pair of 3.5" leaf springs for $230. I've read that the bushings Rusty's supplies are junk, but that's all I can remember reading. I can't find any reviews now. Anyone have anything bad to say about those leaf springs? Or does anyone know of a 2.5-3.5 front and rear lift kit that does not include shocks?
I run rustys leafs unfortunately. I got them from a friend with bad leaf spring bushings....they were shot 4 months later. my brother had a set of the 3.5" packs on his XJ and they were dead after 6 months. They are terrible. However, I dont mind how they ride. They ride pretty nice actually
cumminsjeep24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
XJcruiser
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

This kit has the option to upgrade to leaf packs.
Unread 01-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJcruiser View Post
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFX

This kit has the option to upgrade to leaf packs.
Thank You. I'm really thinking about that kit.
Unread 01-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #10
Rob K
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Consider this if your putting in the Crown heavy duties from Quadratec. I got 1.5" of lift. Unfortunately I found out they were about 1" shorter in length than the originals and gave me a near vertical shackle angle and a rough ride. Shackle relocation brackets would be in order at this point, but they are $135 from HD Offroad. I've heard they give around 1" of lift on their own.
Rob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Howard92XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I bought a pair of Pro Comp 3.5" leaf springs this morning. Only $84 each from partstrain.com I am soon going to buy some 3.5 in. coil springs for the front. What else am i going to need? trac bar? brake lines? t case drop?
Unread 01-19-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
robhurlburt
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92XJ View Post
I bought a pair of Pro Comp 3.5" leaf springs this morning. Only $84 each from partstrain.com I am soon going to buy some 3.5 in. coil springs for the front. What else am i going to need? trac bar? brake lines? t case drop?
that seems pretty cheap. i wonder how they are
robhurlburt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.