1999 xj driveline viberations please help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1999 xj driveline viberations please help!

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 10-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
jackedupjeep99

1999 xj driveline viberations please help!

hey guy ive got a 1999 xj I just put 6 in front 5 in the back rc an coil spacers an shackles and I have bad driveline viberations between 20-40 mph I was wondering if anybody knows from experience if the t case 1 inch drop will do the trick or do I really have to get a sye? would deeply appreciate it somebody could let me know or if theres another cheaper way besides a sye thank you!

jackedupjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
jackedupjeep99

can somebody please help me
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

At 6" of lift, a T-case drop might not be enough. U-joints have a limited amount of angle that they can operate smoothly through.
You likely will need a Double Cardan drive shaft. Someone else here posted about finding one for use on a late model XJ that did NOT re-locate the slip yoke or require a SYE (the later T-cases apparently do not leak fluid if you drive with the rear shaft removed, a big oversight on the earlier T-cases).
Also, don't ignore the front shaft. If your CASTER angle is close to spec, your front PINION angle is likely off enough to contribute to the problem, and a T-case drop will make this worse.
sAe23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

At 6" of lift you NEED an SYE. See picture for proof. As suggested, check the front axle also.

231-explode-3.jpg

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #5
jackedupjeep99

thanks guys I appreciate it ive already ordered the t case drop and see what happens if I have to get a a sye I can use a xj front shaft correct?
Unread 10-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackedupjeep99 View Post
... if I have to get a a sye I can use a xj front shaft correct?
With an automatic transmission, yes you can.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You could also look into this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/o...l#post16493929 (It's what I referred to earlier.)

He got it from this Ebay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250832072719...84.m1438.l2649

About the same cost overall, but less work
sAe23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
jackedupjeep99

has anybody tried that shaft on a newer xj?97-01? please let me know!! thank you sae might have to try that!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.