1999 heater core replacement, I need instructions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1999 heater core replacement, I need instructions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-28-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
wkayl

1999 heater core replacement, I need instructions

Anyone have detailed instructions on replaceing the heater core on a 1999 Cherokee? I used to do this sort of thing fo a living back in the 70's, but things have changed.

wkayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
anony91xj

I don't think you're going to find detailed instructions, but if you've got mechanical experience it shouldn't be too hard, just time-consuming. Be careful and remember to watch carefully where everything goes as you take it apart.
Unread 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
AZ Jeff
Web Wheeler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Go over to Jeeps Unlimited, and PM a guy who goes by the sig of "Silver XJ". He has a write-up on how to R&R the evaporator on a 2000XJ, and almost all of that procedure applies to the heater core as well.
2014 JK -- the project is just starting!
AZ Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
nylyon

Basically you need to remove the steering wheel and column, center console, and the entire dash. The only special tool you will need is a steeringwheel puller, the rest are just hand tools. It took me about 4.5 hours to remove the unit and 3 hours to put everything together again. You will need 2 people to remove the dash, it's bulky. While the dash is out you may want to tighten all the screws down, I was able to get rid of all my dash rattles as an added bonus.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.