1999 Cherokee has a Short/Battery Draw. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1999 Cherokee has a Short/Battery Draw.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
jeepdogr

1999 Cherokee has a Short/Battery Draw.

Hello,

I bought a '99 Cherokee 4x4 for my daughter, a week later The Battery went dead.

I put another battery, & installed a new alternator. The vehicle stalled out in the university campus. After a tow.

I recharged the battery (12.50v's), hooked up the battery clamps , and disconnected the alternator, NO battery discharge. Reconnected the alt, started the truck up and noticed a battery voltage of 14.80, on my voltmeter.

Another test I did was to hook up my 12volt test light to the - battery clamp & touched the - battery post. The test light lit up.

I pulled the 15amp fuse for the IOD out and the test light went off.

I have an idea it may be the aftermarket radio, but what else does the IOD circuit control? What should I check?

Anyone else with this problem? Any advise how to fix. New guy needs help.

jeepdogr

jeepdogr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.