1998 jeep cherokee lifted steering problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1998 jeep cherokee lifted steering problems

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
jeep98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

1998 jeep cherokee lifted steering problems

i just lifted my jeep this past weekend and i was told by someone that there was a problem with the steering and i needed to buy these parts...

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XSP

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XST

this seems a bit extreme for what i am looking for. i do not plan on off roading my jeep hard core i will go off road but nothing to crazy. i was also told to out on a pitman arm and that will fix whatever the problem is. i am not sure what the problem really is. but i have a 4.5 inch rough country lift on my 1998 jeep cherokee and if anyone has any advice to this please let me know. i am not sure the difference with these parts i do not know steering parts very well at all.

jeep98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

check out the cherokee section of the forum and you'll probably get more help. good luck!
GCjunkie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
jesse12296
1994 XJ Cherokee 

What did you kit include? and Could you explain what problems you are having?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1994-jeep-cherokee-slow-highschool-build-1398809/
jesse12296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

At 4.5" of lift, you do need an adjustable track bar.

You do not need to do anything to the steering.

Iron Rock makes very good parts. I have the IRO double shear track bar on my 2000 with 5.5" of lift. I recommend them often.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.