1998 Cherokee Sport BRAKE LINE REPLACEMENT - REAR - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1998 Cherokee Sport BRAKE LINE REPLACEMENT - REAR

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
GodsUnholySin
1998 FSJ Cherokee 

1998 Cherokee Sport BRAKE LINE REPLACEMENT - REAR

I have a 1998 Cherokee Sport four door. 4.0 L stright 6 engine, automatic transmission. my brake lines blew leaks last week. I have been able to replace the front line with out any real issues, my problem is replacing the brake line from the master cylinder to the rear brakes, i got the front undone, pulled the line away from the line holders, went to undo the rear fitting and i do not have enough room to even use a socket set. and idea on how to do this? I was also wondering if i could just bleed the brakes as normal or if i had to do something diffrent or special when i got the new lines on and ready to go. I drove about 15 miles or so down shifting and using my hand brake because i had to get home to my child. any help would be awsome.

GodsUnholySin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake lines , brakes , rear brakes

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.