1996 cherokee 4wd whine? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1996 cherokee 4wd whine?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
cherokeeshrop91
2009 KK Liberty 

1996 cherokee 4wd whine?

alright well i have a 96 cherokee classic 4wd 4door. lifted 4.5 on 33/12.50/15 mud tires. ive put considerable work into from front to prevent wobble problems and regular maintenence has been well taken care of. when i bout it about 2 yrs ago i had to replace tranny and other things... its always made a grinding noise when i accelerate or let off the gas pedal. i was told the gears may need to be replaced but when lookd at was told they were fine. problem is now when cruising about 45-50mph and over at random intervols i get a whine. it starts out really low and grows untill its faily loud. im not sure what could be causing the problem. but my guess would be that its comming from the rear end. the noise seems to come threw the stereo almost but when its off it still happens. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. also if youd like to talk more about it feel free to pm me. thanks for the help.

cherokeeshrop91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.