JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/)
-   -   1990 4.0 xj injector question (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/1990-4-0-xj-injector-question-1552028/)

Elrod90xj 07-21-2013 11:05 PM

1990 4.0 xj injector question

I don't know if I'm posting in the right place and this is my first post sorry if I'm doing this wrong. Lol. I have a 1990 xj automatic 4.0, I want to replace my fuel injectors and I hear that ones from a neon are better than the stock xj's I was just wondering if anybody here knows what years from the neon will fit my xj. Thanks!!!

Holder350 07-22-2013 12:08 AM

On a renix replacing injectors won't help much with power until you do some upgrades on how much air the engine can get

Sent from my phone

cruiser54 07-22-2013 06:08 AM

Don't do it for power. Do it because the stock ones leak externally. You will get better idle and a bit better throttle response though.

Hopefully someone will chime in with teh proper application for you. Refurbed later model injectors are available on ebay also.

Elrod90xj 07-22-2013 01:05 PM

Thanks guys, Although more power would be nice, that's not why I am wanting to do the swap. I just figure that better injectors would give me a better running jeep and like cruiser 54 said, I definitely wouldn't want leaking fuel injectors. And I plan on doing a cai and hood vents sometime in the future when I get the funds

cruiser54 07-22-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elrod90xj (Post 15705579)
Thanks guys, Although more power would be nice, that's not why I am wanting to do the swap. I just figure that better injectors would give me a better running jeep and like cruiser 54 said, I definitely wouldn't want leaking fuel injectors. And I plan on doing a cai and hood vents sometime in the future when I get the funds

Excellent plan.

That said, how many of my Renix tips have you done so far?

79chiefs 07-22-2013 08:56 PM

http://thexjguys.wordpress.com/2012/...injector-swap/

Elrod90xj 07-22-2013 11:05 PM

It looks like I have a lot of cleaning to do cruiser, I haven't even thought of all that but now my weekend will be full. I my front blinkers quit working awhile back and I've changed bulbs, fuses, those circular blinker and hazard relays on the fuse box, and still won't work. I noticed there is some white grease or gunk where the bulb sits, maybe I can clean that out too? And thanks 79chiefs, I will use your write up.

cruiser54 07-23-2013 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elrod90xj (Post 15707745)
It looks like I have a lot of cleaning to do cruiser, I haven't even thought of all that but now my weekend will be full. I my front blinkers quit working awhile back and I've changed bulbs, fuses, those circular blinker and hazard relays on the fuse box, and still won't work. I noticed there is some white grease or gunk where the bulb sits, maybe I can clean that out too? And thanks 79chiefs, I will use your write up.

This is in Post # 3.

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they havenít retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. Thereís a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Donít miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.

Revised 07/23/2012

Elrod90xj 07-26-2013 12:07 AM

I checked that 10 pin connector and man it is dirty. I tried to clean it up a bit, but it looks like I could use a new one. All of my lights work except the front blinkers. My right turn arrow wont turn on, sometimes if I turn the left on then quickly switch it to right it will start blinking. I'm thinking it might be the switch in the steering column. Man I hate electrical problems.

cruiser54 07-26-2013 06:19 AM

Small wire brush and pipe cleaners with some BrakeKleen. You'll have it looking like new in no time. I'd also tweak the connectors so they grab the pins more tightly. Don't be skeered.

The time now is 06:19 PM.