1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #46
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89SAFARIXJ View Post
MAKE IT BIGGER FIRST!
haha i wish. i would but i dont have the money right now. i need to find another job. then maybe. im fine with my little lift for now. i just need some better tires for winter.

keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #47
kentuckytwostep
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keat View Post
haha i wish. i would but i dont have the money right now. i need to find another job. then maybe. im fine with my little lift for now. i just need some better tires for winter.
Open front ends suck... Looks like you need some lockers...

40 reasons why gun ownership should banned

I'm an NRA life member, why aren't you?
kentuckytwostep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #48
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

o yeah! keat its gotta be lifted and locked.
Unread 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM   #49
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

haha hmmm..maybe. we'll see. like i said...need a job!

and call me keaton..its my real name. god only knows why i picked keat as my username..
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #50
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

haha. okay keaton. will do.

AND JIMENY CHRISTMAS, GET A JOB YOU BUM!

jk bro. good luck finding a good job tho... for real.
Unread 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #51
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Exhaust Help

just a quick question for you build thread viewers out there, i need a new muffler at the least, as you can see on page 3, and have been presented this exhaust system by a few people in another thread i posted.

DYNOMAX SUPER TURBO CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM

again, im not looking for really loud crap, like flowmaster. just maybe a slightly better sound, and some increased performance.

anybody had experience with this system or is there a better one out there?
and should i run it behind a high-flow cat? like magnaflow?

thanks for any input

-Sean
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #52
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That exhaust isnt to bad from what I read you'll be happier with that than the others out there. All heresay but they say you get more power from this muffler than from a flowmaster. I personally run a super 44 flowmaster and really like it. In the beginning it was a little anoying but as it broke in it mellowed out. The highflow cat is gonna give you more performance but will increase the sound a little. Worth it. Small compact size, hard to get something up that high to damage it

Jeep looks good, looking at the same lift myself.(except looking at the x-series) Are the pics with the lift schackles and coil spacers? Or just the lift right now. Have you flexed it yet. Would like to see some pics disconected and flexed to see how the tires fit with present setup. Also how does it feel.(ride quality)?

To many questions..
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #53
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89SAFARIXJ View Post
haha. okay keaton. will do.

AND JIMENY CHRISTMAS, GET A JOB YOU BUM!

jk bro. good luck finding a good job tho... for real.
haha i havent really been tryin too hard to find one. tryin to enjoy sleepin in for a little bit.

and im on a search for exhaust too..cant decide if i wanna just get a magnaflow or dynomax kit or go all out get a fm40 with duals...hmm.
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #54
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
That exhaust isnt to bad from what I read you'll be happier with that than the others out there. All heresay but they say you get more power from this muffler than from a flowmaster. I personally run a super 44 flowmaster and really like it. In the beginning it was a little anoying but as it broke in it mellowed out. The highflow cat is gonna give you more performance but will increase the sound a little. Worth it. Small compact size, hard to get something up that high to damage it

Jeep looks good, looking at the same lift myself.(except looking at the x-series) Are the pics with the lift schackles and coil spacers? Or just the lift right now. Have you flexed it yet. Would like to see some pics disconected and flexed to see how the tires fit with present setup. Also how does it feel.(ride quality)?

To many questions..
thanks for the input on that exhaust system. im really leaning towards it... i just dont want to smash it this time... haha. seriously.

presently those pics are with just the 4.5 full spring. i like it a lot for the ride quality. of course it will be no RE super ride kit, but i dont mind it slightly bumpy when i hit bigger bumps. i also like it because i can do 40mph and do some swerves and it doesnt feel like its gonna flip on me (which might be normal but this is my first lift). at least it will be like that until i disco some time and cruise like that.

as for disconnecting and flexing it out, i havent done that yet. ive got a lot on my list and havent had a chance... maybe when i get the spacers and shackles on i will do it. the shackles come in nest week sometime. like friday probly. NEXT, friday. maybe a day or so sooner.

but i will get a fully flexed out pic up eventually. and if youre going to run a 32 or 33, id go with this kit if your budget is limited. its my dd also and i think it rides fine for quality. thats my take on it.

-Sean
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #55
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keat View Post
haha i havent really been tryin too hard to find one. tryin to enjoy sleepin in for a little bit.

and im on a search for exhaust too..cant decide if i wanna just get a magnaflow or dynomax kit or go all out get a fm40 with duals...hmm.
read rkates's post about the dynomax... it is getting to sound better and better for me.
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #56
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Try this link if it works than it will send you to a place to listen to other peoples exhuast. Kind of cool, They will have all the different setups you can think of.
http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...b&search_type=

Ok tried the link again and it wont take me to the right spot so if you click the link type cherokee exhaust in their search bar and it will take you there. Sorry for running you in circles.

By the way when you go to install the schackles disconect your sway links and take a pic with one front tire on the bigger log than after you put on the extra lift do it again so we can see the difference it makes. Cheep easy way to get a flex pic.

Robert
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #57
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i dont know..in my opinion a flowmaster 40 sounds best. then again i like loud exhaust though haha.

dynomax sounds doesnt sound as deep.
Unread 11-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #58
Hugger
1997 XJ Cherokee 

im goin flowmaster on mine. good for the money imo
Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #59
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
Try this link if it works than it will send you to a place to listen to other peoples exhuast. Kind of cool, They will have all the different setups you can think of.
http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...b&search_type=

Ok tried the link again and it wont take me to the right spot so if you click the link type cherokee exhaust in their search bar and it will take you there. Sorry for running you in circles.

By the way when you go to install the shackles disconect your sway links and take a pic with one front tire on the bigger log than after you put on the extra lift do it again so we can see the difference it makes. Cheap easy way to get a flex pic.

Robert

you mean the coil spacers? haha yeah will do man.

and ive got dial-up internet, so anything with videos isnt happenin.

-Sean
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #60
jeeposaurus
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Flowmaster 40's are alright, I find them a little raspy with the 4.0L. I have a magnaflow on mine (dual chamber I believe...not the oval straight thru)....sounds very deep at idle and stays moderately louder then stock till about 2K....then she REALLY opens up. I love it.
1990 Black 2 Door, Homemade 3" lift, 31x10.5 BFG AT's on rock crawlers, recovery front and rear, bed lined interior, rockerless, armored rear quarters, magnaflow muffler, CB, DIY Immobilizer, AC to OBA, Silverstars and a nice rack.
Build Up:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/b...ild-up-820250/
325,000km young.
jeeposaurus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.