1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo Build

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #151
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i can tell that there are vibes slightly sometimes. around 40mph. besides that it really doesnt bother me at all. i really dont notice it. but maybe its cuz im used to it. just wanna do the SYE so the yoke doesnt pull out of the tail cone of the transfercase when im flexin on a trail. then i lose all my tranny fluid what a pain. knowhatimsayin?

-Sean

Unread 04-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #152
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I NEED A DRIVERS SIDE SHAFT FOR MY 44! PM ME IF U HAVE ONE!

-Sean
Unread 04-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #153
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89SAFARIXJ View Post
I NEED A DRIVERS SIDE SHAFT FOR MY 44! PM ME IF U HAVE ONE!

-Sean
STILL LOOKING FOR ONE!

...im using the school computer to upload pics, so i have no idea how big these are gonna be. so bear with me... i have done the doorless mod upfront now. also made a cool recovery hook for the hitch. and i have a JeepForum sticker. the welds on the LCA skids are crappy because i now realize my friends mig sputters when feeding wire making it impossible to actually run a good bead. i am going to be grinding those welds down and bringing it to school to put some fat arc beads on there. the LCA skids are 3/16". front axle will be getting a small tubular truss between then diff and passenger side UCA mount, as well as a couple gussets on the LCA mounts, and a solid shaft swap (297x) with spicer 5-760x U joints and welded caps. the rear is going as is except for it will have a ford explorer/ZJ disc conversion on it. both axles get RuffStuff diff covers with 4.88:1 gears and the rear for sure is getting an Aussie not sure about the front yet. Yes, both axles will be that cherry red color with an aluminum colored cover. i might have the front sandblasted before paint because it has got some decent rust. here are the pics:

-Sean
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #154
89SAFARIXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

FOR SALE

with D30/D35 under it.

360 918 1091 if interested.

-Sean
Unread 06-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #155
XJKipp
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You're selling it?!?

Georgia Institute of Technology
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech
XJKipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #156
OnlyJeeps

Great Job! I would offer my 1989 Jeep as a donor... But I blew a rod bearing, it over heats after neumerous parts in the cooling system, the Transmission subframe fell, messed up the mounts, and a list more! I am happy I did find a Jeep with a manual trans to replace the 89 Manual trans. I think a 3.5 lift with an ARB bumper, roof rack, rims and tires, with a rear hitch will be what I need. I have to debate if I will put my hideaway strobes in this jeep to respond to EMS calls. I found some pics and will have to make a plan and price guide. But this Forum will help me out.

I do have a question... How many people had alignment problems with a 3.5 or 4.5 lift? I know I could have bought a new car and some, but I love a Jeep for it's ability to last. My 89 has 206k miles on it. Think it's time for retirement!
OnlyJeeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.