1988 xj POST ALIGNMENT WOBBLE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 1988 xj POST ALIGNMENT WOBBLE

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Jordaneus
1988 XJ Cherokee 

1988 xj POST ALIGNMENT WOBBLE

Took it to pep boys and paid for an alignment and balance and didn't notice the vibration when I drove it home. I replaced the harmonic balancer, before I really drove it around post alignment (weather was not too good and I didn't want to risk with the old harmonic balancer rubber seal deteriorating the way it was). So went to check the lugnuts, Not the best looking shape, I got impatient when I picked it up from pep boys and didn't inspect their work. Suffice to say I am at the point where I replaced and torqued the new lugs down myself, ensured proper tire pressure, and the vibration is begins at approx 60 mph. I can feel it in the seat and pedals, but barely at all in the steering wheel. So my thought on what I should look at next are the wheel bearings. Anybody else had this issue or troubleshooting tips?

Jordaneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I would look at my rear rims check for bent rim or missing weights. Maybe look at rear u joints. Maybe a bad tire

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.