Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

A 16 hour drive Millwaukee WI, from Brooklyn NY, to drive or no??

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jgoode3402 
#1 · (Edited)
A 16 hour drive to Millwaukee WI, from Brooklyn NY, to drive or no??

hey i have a 98XJ 4.0L with 122000m on it
I will like to know if you guys had to dive your jeep from Brooklyn NY to Millwaukee WI, its a 16 hour drive, and to come back after 3 days will you do that, the thing is a ticket by plane is $270 and train is $260, i can say that i my jeep is in good condition, and i try to keep it good, i use 10w-40 synthetic blend oil by quaker state and i add a can of restore engine lubricant and i use knn oil filter,i have changed my spark plugs and wires about four months ago.
what do u think guy, to drive it or no? how much the gas will be?
:brickwall :thumbsup:

#3 ·
If it makes you feel better I am driving my 1996 cherokee with 125,000 from cleveland, OH to worcester, MA which is about 9.5 hours. I do it a few times a year. If everything is in good condition you should be fine just keep an eye on the temp gauges because they like to run hot in hot weather or at least mine does.

#4 ·
how much the gas will be?

how much the gas will be? in money?
i think its a 900m drive
:wave:

#5 ·
arieljeep said:
hey i have a 98XJ 4.0L with 122000m on it
I will like to know if you guys had to dive your jeep from Brooklyn NY to Millwaukee WI, its a 16 hour drive, and to come back after 3 days will you do that, the thing is a ticket by plane is $270 and train is $260, i can say that i my jeep is in good condition, and i try to keep it good, i use 10w-40 synthetic blend oil by quaker state and i add a can of restore engine lubricant and i use knn oil filter,i have changed my spark plugs and wires about four months ago.
what do u think guy, to drive it or no? how much the gas will be?
:brickwall :thumbsup:
To me the math says to buy a plane ticket and fly. Mapblast estimates drive time at 13 hours 10 minutes. 883 miles. At 20 mpg and $2.25 per gallon for gas the cost would be about $100 each way and $200 round trip. If your plane ticket cost of $270 is round trip I would spend the extra $70 bucks and spend my time at my destination instead of sitting in my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.