'01 XJ Power Seats / Heated - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-28-2013, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
'01 XJ Power Seats / Heated

So, I was able to score an XJ Cloth Interior with a drivers power seat. I got the wiring from the drivers side where it goes under the carpet to the front passengers seat area.

Next I was able to get the XJ heated seat switches & wiring harness from an '01 XJ Limited. The seats & door cards were gone.

My question is, I am missing something that plugs into a 12 pin or maybe a 14 pin connector under the passenger front seat. It is part of the power seat / heated seat wiring harness. What is that? Some sort of a body control module or a continuation of a wiring harness?

I've got the wiring & seats installed, & I plan on adding the heated seat elements, but I know something is missing that I need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
I did discover I need a circuit breaker that needs to be installed next to the power window circuit breaker.

The wiring harness for heated front seats & power drivers seat is now installed.

Anybody know what the 12 pin connector plugs into under the passenger front seat?
post #3 of 11 Old 08-11-2013, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
I've now got a drivers cloth power seat for an XJ installed. Factory wiring harness & all. The "circuit breaker" in the passenger foot well threw me a curve ball.

Now I'm just needing to purchase the heated seat elements.

Does anybody know what the big plug in is for underneath the passenger front seat in a 2000/2001 XJ Limited with heated seats?
post #4 of 11 Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
kycherokee1239
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice score on the seats! I keep looking in the local JY for the same with no luck. Any photos of your install?
post #5 of 11 Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
No pictures yet. It basically is just the "Classic" seats. Just imagine the Limited Leather Seats, but with cloth on them.
Still some work in progress.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Njose424

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMallard View Post
I've now got a drivers cloth power seat for an XJ installed. Factory wiring harness & all. The "circuit breaker" in the passenger foot well threw me a curve ball.

Now I'm just needing to purchase the heated seat elements.

Does anybody know what the big plug in is for underneath the passenger front seat in a 2000/2001 XJ Limited with heated seats?
I just picked up a pair of leather seats from a limited xj today. I will take a look and let you know.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Njose424

The white connector beneath the passenger side seat is to the heated seat element in the back and the seat.

Where does the wiring harness plug into for power? I have the front and passenger leather, automatic, heated seats from a 2000 limited xj and am wondering if i can install a 2000 xj wiring harness into my 1999 xj sport that did not come with that standard.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
SundaysHero

Ok so I'm kinda doing the same thing. I have a 98 limited xj. I just got heated power leather seats out of a 2001. Didn't have time to pull all the wiring from the junker. Did the 98 limited come with a passenger power seat? I can't feel any wires under the carpet. Currently raining so jow I'm writing this. If not is there a way I wire it up or put it on its own power? Also if not I have a rail system that's just slide forward and back ward..............

.......Disregard there isn't any wiring, just put it in on a regular track

Last edited by SundaysHero; 12-15-2013 at 09:12 AM.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-07-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
MaskedMallard
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Xj

Bringing back a slightly old thread here.

I now have Driver & Passenger Cloth Power Seats (2000/2001 Classic XJ).
- Factory wiring is from a 2000/2001 Limited XJ.

I am searching for aftermarket heated seat elements to go under the 2000/2001 Classic XJ cloth seats. I'm not exactly sure what style of heating pad to get. I've bought an aftermarket heating pad & after pulling the Classic XJ seat apart, I'm not exactly sure how to install the heating element under the fabric without damaging the heating element to secure it.

I want to keep the wiring as factory as possiable & I want to maintain the factory look with the Heated Seat Switches.

Can someone point me to a link(s) on what heated seat elements you used in your XJ seats (Classic/Limited)?
Any tips on the install?
post #10 of 11 Old 01-12-2016, 06:39 PM
xj607
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMallard View Post
Bringing back a slightly old thread here.

I now have Driver & Passenger Cloth Power Seats (2000/2001 Classic XJ).
- Factory wiring is from a 2000/2001 Limited XJ.

I am searching for aftermarket heated seat elements to go under the 2000/2001 Classic XJ cloth seats. I'm not exactly sure what style of heating pad to get. I've bought an aftermarket heating pad & after pulling the Classic XJ seat apart, I'm not exactly sure how to install the heating element under the fabric without damaging the heating element to secure it.

I want to keep the wiring as factory as possiable & I want to maintain the factory look with the Heated Seat Switches.

Can someone point me to a link(s) on what heated seat elements you used in your XJ seats (Classic/Limited)?
Any tips on the install?

It doesn't have a (paperish) piece to pull off that makes the element sticky so you can put it in place? if not some heat tape around the edges should hold it enough, obvisouly you have to pull the seat cover....and for the harness cut the plug off and just solder the hot and ground to the corresponding wire
post #11 of 11 Old 01-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Diesel7

Couple of thoughts. I would worry about the heating element burning through the cloth cover. To that end, I would hope you got a heating element meant for cloth seats instead of leather. OK, public service message over. By the way, if you want to take a look if there are differences, the VW Jetta, vintage 2000-2005 for instance, have a cloth seat option with heated seats. The heated seat switches are above the radio if you try to find one.

I just installed the harness and leather seats in my 01 XJ. I took the entire harness out of several cars now as my first one I cut up since I wasn't careful and unfamiliar. I also have a 98 Harness that has the power seat only on one side.

My 01 harness has a blue and red plug that goes to heated seat switches. It is tied into the main harness for the two seats which is a complete system tying into two prong electrical plug on the passenger side, coming out of the side of the rocker panel where the wiring is placed.

I also have a cut up harness that you could have as I cut the heated seat switches there, but can splice it back together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.