'01 XJ Power Seats / Heated - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > '01 XJ Power Seats / Heated

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEngo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 Lum

Unread 07-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
MaskedMallard
2000 XJ Cherokee 

'01 XJ Power Seats / Heated

So, I was able to score an XJ Cloth Interior with a drivers power seat. I got the wiring from the drivers side where it goes under the carpet to the front passengers seat area.

Next I was able to get the XJ heated seat switches & wiring harness from an '01 XJ Limited. The seats & door cards were gone.

My question is, I am missing something that plugs into a 12 pin or maybe a 14 pin connector under the passenger front seat. It is part of the power seat / heated seat wiring harness. What is that? Some sort of a body control module or a continuation of a wiring harness?

I've got the wiring & seats installed, & I plan on adding the heated seat elements, but I know something is missing that I need.

MaskedMallard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
MaskedMallard
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I did discover I need a circuit breaker that needs to be installed next to the power window circuit breaker.

The wiring harness for heated front seats & power drivers seat is now installed.

Anybody know what the 12 pin connector plugs into under the passenger front seat?
Unread 08-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
MaskedMallard
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I've now got a drivers cloth power seat for an XJ installed. Factory wiring harness & all. The "circuit breaker" in the passenger foot well threw me a curve ball.

Now I'm just needing to purchase the heated seat elements.

Does anybody know what the big plug in is for underneath the passenger front seat in a 2000/2001 XJ Limited with heated seats?
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
kycherokee1239
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Nice score on the seats! I keep looking in the local JY for the same with no luck. Any photos of your install?
kycherokee1239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
MaskedMallard
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No pictures yet. It basically is just the "Classic" seats. Just imagine the Limited Leather Seats, but with cloth on them.
Still some work in progress.
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Njose424

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedMallard View Post
I've now got a drivers cloth power seat for an XJ installed. Factory wiring harness & all. The "circuit breaker" in the passenger foot well threw me a curve ball.

Now I'm just needing to purchase the heated seat elements.

Does anybody know what the big plug in is for underneath the passenger front seat in a 2000/2001 XJ Limited with heated seats?
I just picked up a pair of leather seats from a limited xj today. I will take a look and let you know.
Njose424 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
Njose424

The white connector beneath the passenger side seat is to the heated seat element in the back and the seat.

Where does the wiring harness plug into for power? I have the front and passenger leather, automatic, heated seats from a 2000 limited xj and am wondering if i can install a 2000 xj wiring harness into my 1999 xj sport that did not come with that standard.
Njose424 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
SundaysHero

Ok so I'm kinda doing the same thing. I have a 98 limited xj. I just got heated power leather seats out of a 2001. Didn't have time to pull all the wiring from the junker. Did the 98 limited come with a passenger power seat? I can't feel any wires under the carpet. Currently raining so jow I'm writing this. If not is there a way I wire it up or put it on its own power? Also if not I have a rail system that's just slide forward and back ward..............

.......Disregard there isn't any wiring, just put it in on a regular track

Last edited by SundaysHero; 12-15-2013 at 09:12 AM..
SundaysHero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.