'01 Cherokee o2 sensor/engine wiring diagram? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > '01 Cherokee o2 sensor/engine wiring diagram?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Bullitt4113
2001 XJ Cherokee 

'01 Cherokee o2 sensor/engine wiring diagram?

Does anyone here have a diagram of the '01 engine wiring harness where the o2 sensor wires run into the harness? I've got a P0161 code for bank 2, sensor 2 and I've got a new o2 to replace it, but I'd also like to check out all the wiring leading up to the harness to make sure that is all ok as well.

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
CCKen
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt4113 View Post
Does anyone here have a diagram of the '01 engine wiring harness where the o2 sensor wires run into the harness? I've got a P0161 code for bank 2, sensor 2 and I've got a new o2 to replace it, but I'd also like to check out all the wiring leading up to the harness to make sure that is all ok as well.
Until such time as I get your diagrams uploaded to my Photobucket and posted here, you can do a check of the O2S heater element.

The two White wires coming from the O2S are the heater circuit withn the O2S. With the O2S at room temp and using an Ohmeter, measure the resistance between the two White wire pins on the O2S connector. A serviceable heater element will read between 4.0 and 7.0 Ohms.

You can also check the ground circuit for the O2S by measuring the resistance in the O2S body harness connector (Pin 2) Black wire to engine structure ground. The resistance should be no more than 5.0 Ohms.

The O2s Heater ground point is at the right front of the engine block, near the alternator. The battery also grounds here (two studs on the engine block).

There's no easy way (but it can be done) to check to see if you have power to the O2S heater (Pin 1) Violet/Orange tracer wire) so I won't get into it.

Note the time of my posting; that's beer time hereabouts. I'll check back later.

Cheers

Man who stands in front of Jeep gets tired. Man who stands behind Jeep gets exhausted.
CCKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Bullitt4113
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCKen View Post
Until such time as I get your diagrams uploaded to my Photobucket and posted here, you can do a check of the O2S heater element.

The two White wires coming from the O2S are the heater circuit withn the O2S. With the O2S at room temp and using an Ohmeter, measure the resistance between the two White wire pins on the O2S connector. A serviceable heater element will read between 4.0 and 7.0 Ohms.

You can also check the ground circuit for the O2S by measuring the resistance in the O2S body harness connector (Pin 2) Black wire to engine structure ground. The resistance should be no more than 5.0 Ohms.

The O2s Heater ground point is at the right front of the engine block, near the alternator. The battery also grounds here (two studs on the engine block).

There's no easy way (but it can be done) to check to see if you have power to the O2S heater (Pin 1) Violet/Orange tracer wire) so I won't get into it.

Note the time of my posting; that's beer time hereabouts. I'll check back later.

Cheers
Haha, almost that time here too

Thanks for the info, I'll do some investigating tomorrow morning

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.