01 Cherokee headlights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Technical Forum > 01 Cherokee headlights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #1
bmwgolfguy

01 Cherokee headlights

I have an 01 Cherokee and want to replace the headlights with brighter lights.

I want to put Xenon lamps in and have not been able to find any on the Internet.

Do xenon exist for this vehicle? If not what do you recommend?

any help is appreciated.

bmwgolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
lost honda pro
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i think your options look something like this:

1) stay with sealed beam (OE type) and get some silverstars, etc. (least money, good improvement)

2) do an autopals type conversion to a replaceable bulb (H4 i think) (slightly more money, with good bulbs, but better improvement)

3) convert the entire system over to HID for xenon bulbs (expensive, but best improvement, with vastly improved range, color temperature, and visibility)

so how much do you want to spend?
lost honda pro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
BlkBird
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think the H4 conversion is the best deal for the money. Just go on ebay and type Cherokee H4 in their search.
1971 Pontiac Firebird
BlkBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
bmwgolfguy

head lights

My son did replace the low beam bulb with a Sylvania bulb I think; low beam only. That seemed to improve it somewhat.

I have had Xenon on a different vehicle and I loved them.

For the moment however, I think I will just keep what I got.

Thanks for the help.
bmwgolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
LastXJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Also, foe getting all the power you can to whichever headlights you choose, check out FitchVA's writeup on better wiring harnesses:

http://fitchva.com/jeep/?p=57

It's definitely on my to do list.
Unread 11-20-2007, 03:23 AM   #6
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgolfguy
My son did replace the low beam bulb with a Sylvania bulb I think; low beam only. That seemed to improve it somewhat.
You can't replace just the low-beam in a Cherokee....

www.danielsternlighting.com

He's got everything you need for a good lighting upgrade, short of a complete upgraded wiring harness (but he's got everything except the wire to make one).

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.