wheeling in Nanaimo,BC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > wheeling in Nanaimo,BC

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
jboy416
Wrangler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

wheeling in Nanaimo,BC

anybody in the nanaimo area. i am new to the area and have only found a few trails up near dumont road. looking for someone to wheel with

jboy416 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Y2KWRANGLER
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am not from Nanaimo nor do i know of any trails up there but do know of lots around Duncan. If you don't mind driving down I can show you around a few.

Canadian Jeep Club Member#1
Red Jeep Club Member #390
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/canadian-jeep-club-eh-364619/

bcjeep club.ca http://66.7.207.100/~bcjeepcl/index.php
Y2KWRANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
jboy416
Wrangler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

alright, maybe this weekend or next. i gotta go home to courtenay to use my dads garage. gonna order some fender flares from lordco and install my cb, and mod up some bumbper mounts and reenforcements to flat tow my jeep up north this summer. and i gotta go buy a used tire for a spare and mod the mount so it fits the stock one till i can get a swing. but let me know. i am very confident in my driving but i am not totaly experienced in off roading. that and i don't wanna #$%^ my tj up to badly, not yet at least. she is only a month old to me.
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
extreme69
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I live in crofton and now where to wheel in nanaimo let me know when you want to go for a tear
extreme69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
jboy416
Wrangler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

i am slowly learning where alot of places are. boomerang lake and such. i also met up with Y2KWrangler recent;y and we went in the duncan area. the snow is still kinda bum'n me out. it hasn't stopped me but ya. once it melts a lil more we will definatly go. i have also been in contact with a local group called high sprung. they are gonna email me next time they head out. but if you are in the area play'n let me know. i will gladly go out.

maybe wednesday or next weekend

Last edited by jboy416; 02-08-2008 at 01:33 AM..
Unread 02-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
extreme69
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboy416 View Post
i am slowly learning where alot of places are. boomerang lake and such. i also met up with Y2KWrangler recent;y and we went in the duncan area. the snow is still kinda bum'n me out. it hasn't stopped me but ya. once it melts a lil more we will definatly go. i have also been in contact with a local group called high sprung. they are gonna email me next time they head out. but if you are in the area play'n let me know. i will gladly go out.

maybe wednesday or next weekend
when is the high sprung going out? and when you want to head out post it up
extreme69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
jeepkidd9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i live in nan and know a fair amount of trails lemme know when ya wana go wheelin
Firefighting Jeep Club #26
jeepkidd9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
jboy416
Wrangler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys thanks...i am now living in vic...but you can lookup Highsprung on facebook. they are a bunch of guys that go out. they post there runs there
Unread 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
instg8tor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Nanaimo 4x4 club - Nanaimo Sidewinders
www.nanaimosidewinders.com

Has runs at least once a month.
Unread 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
Adrian007
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hey im from nanaimo, and have a fairly built up xj and im looking for places to wheel as well. My jeep is sort of a "functional mall crawler" so trails that dont scratch up paint are what im mostly looking for.
Adrian007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
Vixen
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There are some pretty good Old logging roads between Parksville and nanaimo they come out from the weigh scales/top bridge area in Parksville to the back of nanaimo by malaspina college there are lakes and old logging cabins out there good fishing etc. Got pics somewhere...
Some of the trails are not good for a longer wheelbased truck (ask me how i know LOL) but a jeep would be awesome back there. you can get maps called back road bible that show the exhisting and no longer used logging roads all over the area. Wish they had that here we have no trees but a ton of oil sites but none of the roads are mapped, hell some of our county roads arent mapped right LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.