Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Victoria BC?

36K views 97 replies 27 participants last post by  ThreeToe 
#1 ·
Anyone else from Victoria, or anywhere on Vancouver Island? :confused:

#2 ·
My brother and sister used to live on the island, I wanted to head out there to do some wheeling, but they have moved, and I haven't been back since.

I might be convinced to try a road-trip!

#3 ·
I'm on the Island!!!

There are a couple of off-road clubs here but none Jeep-specific. Also, from what I've seen, the local guys/gals are pretty hardcore and many rigs are really beat-up old Toyotas with no beds and exo-cages... not the fate I want for my Jeep! Ideally, I'd love to start a Jeep club but I have no idea where to go wheeling where my Rubi won't be killed. The big problem is that so many of the 'classic' trails have been gated since the majority of the Island is owned by the huge logging companies like Macmillan/Bloedel and they don't want the liability of some drunk redneck rolling his truck on their land and sueing. I don't blame them on that one...

There's been some idle chatter about the BC-based clubs going in together and buying land for an off-road park but the logistics are just midboggling to say the least, not to mention the cost factor.

Personally, I'd like to go back out to Calgary and wheel Waiporous and the foothills again! I only lived there for 7 months back in 2001 but had a good time with my Cherokee while there!

Sorry for the verbal diarrhea...

#7 ·
I'm from victoria too. Lots of trails not to far from town.:D If you are looking for a Jeep club tryhttp://highsprung.com/I haven't been out with them but looks like they have some fun. We should do a Jeep only run some time. Just got my Jeep back on the road.:cheers: I have been itching to go wheeling for a couple months.

#21 ·
Harbourview is where I got my start.:D Mostly up to shawnigan now. sometimes duncan. mt sicker although last time we were up there it was gated. we still had fun on some of the smaller stuff but couldn't run the waterfalls or the clay pit.
you havn't been wheeling since hv closed? :thumbdown: I cant handle a couple weeks without some kind of wheeling. Had a unplanned trip yesterday. Got a call from a buddy with a stock 2003 tj stuck in a mud pit in the middle of a field up in shawnigan.:laugh: by himself no recovery gear except a shovel!:rofl: Went up and dragged him out then we went down to burnt bridge for some snow wheeling.

#24 ·
I think that is a great Idea. I meet with Island4x4 the other day for a beer but had to go save my buddy in shawnigan. Who else would be in? What day would be good for you guys? Almost anyday is good for me.

#25 ·
Y2KWRANGLER said:
I think that is a great Idea. I meet with Island4x4 the other day for a beer but had to go save my buddy in shawnigan. Who else would be in? What day would be good for you guys? Almost anyday is good for me.
Since I'm on EI, any day works for me too! :D

Let's make it a trail that won't kill my Jeep though, OK? Not only do I have to drive it every day, it's not paid off yet! :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.