Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Victoria BC?

36K views 97 replies 27 participants last post by  ThreeToe 
#1 ·
Anyone else from Victoria, or anywhere on Vancouver Island? :confused:

#27 ·
daveyramone said:
Since I'm on EI, any day works for me too! :D

Let's make it a trail that won't kill my Jeep though, OK? Not only do I have to drive it every day, it's not paid off yet! :doh:
I am in for this sunday.Maybe head up to shawnigan and do some wheeling in the snow? Even just logging roads can be difficult in the snow. Do you guys have any thoughts. I was up there twice in the last 2 weeks had fun and saw this toy--

Everyone was okay. You guys in. Might have another guy as well. Let me know.

#29 ·
BCJEEP said:
Im in for this sunday !! Where too Burnt Bridge?

I hope somebody has a winch. this will be my first time out without one.

Where should we meet?

:suicide:
Burnt bridge is where I was thinking.Yep I got a winch. I am out in langford. WE could meet out here at the tim hortons on goldstream. Its on the way for you guys.

#34 ·
BCJEEP said:
Im in Langford as well, The Tim Hortons sounds great what time?
Should be fairly early it still gets dark pretty quick out there. How about 9:00 9:30? What do you think daveyramone. I think you need to drive the farthest? You guys bringing anyone? Have a couple buds who might come. And the gf if we can find a sitter.

#36 ·
Y2KWRANGLER said:
Should be fairly early it still gets dark pretty quick out there. How about 9:00 9:30? What do you think daveyramone. I think you need to drive the farthest? You guys bringing anyone? Have a couple buds who might come. And the gf if we can find a sitter.
9:30 sounds great to me, I think Im bring the wife and dogs.

#37 ·
Sweet. So far it is just the two of us.Island4x4 says he doesn't have the cash, and Daveyramone is sick. If he has what I had I doubt he will make it. What kind of wheeling you looking to do? Do you want to put the Jeep through its paces :D or take it easy. Have you done much wheeling up there?

#38 ·
I've been in there ATV 8 10 times in the last year but I have only been 4x4ing in there once in 1996.
I think I am looking for a little on then just logging roads, but Im not looking for to many new scratches. :laugh:

How about you? I have seen some of your cool pics. :thumbsup:

#39 ·
BCJEEP said:
I think I am looking for a little on then just logging roads.
Do you mean more?
Cause I have been thinking about a pretty good trail that doesn't push the difficulty too high when it is dry. Couldn't get through the entrance last week, the snow was still pretty deep. Lifted on 31's shouldn't have any problems if it has melted some.:thumbsup: Trying to get a buddy who's not on the forum to bring his tj up. Still pretty new to wheeling.

#43 ·
Y2KWRANGLER said:
... and Daveyramone is sick. If he has what I had I doubt he will make it.
What?!? It's fatal?!? :justkidding:

I'm hoping the road, er, trail to recovery is quick. My wife's going up to Nanaimo for the weekend which means for once, I'm actually free to play! Stupid intestines... :brickwall

#44 ·
BCJEEP said:
Does it still get up and go? What speed are you able to go up the Malahat?
How many Km do you get out of a tank?
It stll has plenty of get up and go.
Malahat is not a problem. Easily do 110 but in 3rd most of the time. I get around 400km to a tank. Maybe a little less. Havn't really checked. The major drawback to 33's and 3.07 gears is the loss of 5th gear. Almost never use it. Going down hill maybe. I do lots of wheeling :D so the 33" tires and clearance offroad make up for any street disadvantages. The extra width of the tires makes a huge differnce on road on off. Way more stable.

#47 ·
Had a fun day out on Sunday. Just me and BCJEEP showed up.Here are a few pics from the video, playing on a frozen pond.
BCJEEP doing Doughnuts:D

Enjoying the sun

Me doing doughnuts

Crossing the pond:laugh:

More pics to come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.