VI for flares and offroad lights. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > VI for flares and offroad lights.

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
t-fids
1998 TJ Wrangler 

VI for flares and offroad lights.

Hey guys,

this is my first thread and i'm choked it has to be about this haha.

Just yesterday I was pulled over in Abbotsford, BC. Initially I was speeding, I know, I'm an idiot, no need to ream on me I understand my actions. But because I was pulled over, the cop decided to not give me a ticket, but instead a Vehicle inspection notice. Nice of him, but still a possible good amount of cash to be coughed up. He listed the following.

1.Tires stuck out two far from my fenders. (I measured them this morning and there is a total of about 2 inches from the fender to the end of my tires, 31x10.5x15).
2. My maxtell offroad lights were not covered with opaque covers. I had no idea this was even an issue, I know this now after reading the regulations.

Just wondering if anybody else has gone through the same problem, and what were your solutions? I have the good ol' 30 days to fix it up. I talked to my best friends dad who is mechanic and basically stated to throw on stock tires, buy covers for the lights, and take it to his buddy who has a shop to get it done. then throw back on the 31s.

t-fids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Slappyman
1998 ZJ 

As long as the repairs make your vehicle meet the criteria for the law then you will be covered.
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. ** IRO 7" Premium Long Arm Kit. ** IRO OTK Steering System. ** DT-8000 Shocks. ** JKS Quicker Discos. ** AE Wheels Series 185 Rims. ** Mickey Thompson 305/70/R16 Tires.

My build thread.
Slappyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
bruteboy

the problem with putting on your old tires for the inspection and then putting on the 31's after the inspection
is you can be issued a VI order even if you have a current inspection decal.
which means another inspection,more money etc.this can happen over and over untill the issue is corrected properly.
try some rubicon flares as they are wider than standard flares.
bruteboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.