Southern Ontario guys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Southern Ontario guys

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Nofrag
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Southern Ontario guys

Hey guys I was just wondering if any southern ontario guys like to hit the free parts days at Standard Auto. Reason I'm asking is cuz I'm in Hamilton, bit of a drive to scarberia so I wanted to know if there's usually much in the way of jeeps in there. First one of the year is coming up on May 1st, I was panning on going depending on the weather to see if I could find some stuff, but if they don't usually have any XJs then I don't want to waste the trip.

I was also thinking that if anybody here lives nearby there and is planning on going, maybe they could do a scout run on the friday before to let us know what's there.

Nofrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Mopar Fan

I know they don't usually have much in the way of Wranglers, but I believe that they usually have a few XJ's around.

I've heard that Mike's Auto Parts in Stoney Creek usually has a few Jeep's.
Unread 02-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
Nofrag
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah unfortunately Mike's consolidated their two yards(one was upic, one was not) and I think in the new yard they don't have upic anymore.
Nofrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
stormkaster
1989 YJ Wrangler 

i found a few things for the wranglers at standard and a bunch of XJ's
The whole problem is the evil overloards over at Just Jeeps buys there entire rigs when they come in and then part them out for a huge mark up in there store (IE hartop standard auto upic price $150 same thing JJ $450 and they payed less then that for the rig)

The trick is to hit the yard a day before and stip a jeep and hide it in the trunk of a rust bucket in the back of the yard and PRAY they dont crush it over night

But the real trick is to go during off season here in ontario they are still open in the winter on weekends ya just have to brave the cold in the Upic areas

its a great deal especialy if ya get a few people together and if you dont find anything you get a voutcher for 50 bucks for later use
stormkaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormkaster View Post
i found a few things for the wranglers at standard and a bunch of XJ's
The whole problem is the evil overloards over at Just Jeeps buys there entire rigs when they come in and then part them out for a huge mark up in there store (IE hartop standard auto upic price $150 same thing JJ $450 and they payed less then that for the rig)

The trick is to hit the yard a day before and stip a jeep and hide it in the trunk of a rust bucket in the back of the yard and PRAY they dont crush it over night

But the real trick is to go during off season here in ontario they are still open in the winter on weekends ya just have to brave the cold in the Upic areas

its a great deal especialy if ya get a few people together and if you dont find anything you get a voutcher for 50 bucks for later use
Just Jeeps is overpriced, and under-knowledged. I never shop there.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
stormkaster
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ha, i know what ya mean i walk in there once and they have the whole "ask us and we will help" signage and attitudes. I asked how easy it would be to convert a foot e-brake into a hand break and the dude behind the counter answered me with a "depends on how much you want to spend....." and then looked at me blankly lol
stormkaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.