Removing doors in BC - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Removing doors in BC

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammurtime View Post
Well I went to Chrysler and Ford inspection and they said if it has hinges for a door it has to be on. Looks like you need doors but I am still digging. Thanks for all the help guys.
Thinking about it some more Hammurtime: The MVA Act, Section 7.09, Section 11 and that Gov't (CVSE) pdf document link that I posted above is your definitive PROOF that in your CJ, you DON'T need doors. Go to court with that in hand. How can the courts refute the law?

P.S. - Laminate it and carry it in your glove box!

Last edited by VanBCguy; 07-28-2009 at 03:33 PM..
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
Hammurtime
1975 CJ5 

Well the RCMP member is willing to wave the ticket for no doors but he wants the inspection done. If I can show him that the inspection team will allow the doors off he will wave the inspection to.
Hammurtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
Hammurtime
1975 CJ5 

Well the RCMP officer was very kind and canceled the fine and the inspection order but he does want me to use the doors to prevent people from ejecting from the vehicle. I will be buying 1/2 doors from e-bay to prevent further issues with this topic. Thanks again guys for the info on this topic!
Hammurtime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #19
Tarable
2013 JK Wrangler 

Pulled over by cops

So today I was pulled over by the Delta RCMP for having tube doors on my 4 door JK. He wanted to give me a $280 dollar ticket and a class C $300 vehicle inspection. I told him I just bought the doors 3 wks ago from north Shore off road. And that I had researched like crazy before hand to make sure these were street legal. I bought the doors only because the people at North Shore Off road erasures me that they were I fact street legal and I would not have a problem. After receiving my tickets and inspection I called NORTH SHORE OFF ROAD and told them the situation. Also said I wanted to return my $800.00 doors because I only purchased them because they told me they were street legal and he said no can do. I cannot return them because they are used.

What a joke.
Tarable is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #20
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarable View Post
So today I was pulled over by the Delta RCMP for having tube doors on my 4 door JK. He wanted to give me a $280 dollar ticket and a class C $300 vehicle inspection. I told him I just bought the doors 3 wks ago from north Shore off road. And that I had researched like crazy before hand to make sure these were street legal. I bought the doors only because the people at North Shore Off road erasures me that they were I fact street legal and I would not have a problem. After receiving my tickets and inspection I called NORTH SHORE OFF ROAD and told them the situation. Also said I wanted to return my $800.00 doors because I only purchased them because they told me they were street legal and he said no can do. I cannot return them because they are used.

What a joke.
No, not a JOKE. The LAW.

Read back and see the CVSE no doors allowed on CJ's ONLY and then the case law recently in Kamloops where it makes it illegal to travel with anything but OEM factory doors.

Take it or leave it, but if you leave it and you get fined (or worse), don't come crying back here to say you weren't schooled properly.

Is it just me or is everyone else at the point that they HATE this question popping up EVERY year with the same answer. CJ, CJ ONLY.
Unread 08-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
Tarable
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBCguy View Post
No, not a JOKE. The LAW.

Read back and see the CVSE no doors allowed on CJ's ONLY and then the case law recently in Kamloops where it makes it illegal to travel with anything but OEM factory doors.

Take it or leave it, but if you leave it and you get fined (or worse), don't come crying back here to say you weren't schooled properly.

Is it just me or is everyone else at the point that they HATE this question popping up EVERY year with the same answer. CJ, CJ ONLY.
The law is the law and I should have done more research for sure. What a joke was intended for the company whom sold me the doors and reasured me they were street legal even after I questioned the about it. And when I called them and told them
I would be returning the doors they said "I would fight it in court, it's all in how it's worded and interpreted and mini can't return the doors as they are used" The cop in the end was really nice. He even printed up the case in Kelowna for me. Came to my house a few days later to make sure I had put my OEM
Doors back on. He then said he didn't put the paper work in on my ticket and inspection and then told me to take the company to court that sold me
The doors
Tarable is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #22
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarable View Post
The law is the law and I should have done more research for sure. What a joke was intended for the company whom sold me the doors and reasured me they were street legal even after I questioned the about it. And when I called them and told them
I would be returning the doors they said "I would fight it in court, it's all in how it's worded and interpreted and mini can't return the doors as they are used" The cop in the end was really nice. He even printed up the case in Kelowna for me. Came to my house a few days later to make sure I had put my OEM
Doors back on. He then said he didn't put the paper work in on my ticket and inspection and then told me to take the company to court that sold me
The doors
What company? Joke intended for company, company can sue in court? What does a company have to do with it? You were driving. You got busted.

Call Glenn at NSOR and put up a good fight. Don't back down.
Unread Today, 10:45 AM   #23
RyanKnol
1967 CJ5 

lol @ nsor. Lots of other places to shop in BC
RyanKnol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.