Places in ont - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Places in ont

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Athenaskush
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Places in ont

Trying to find some good trails In ont. I need to get the beast out

Athenaskush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
jeepwave2389
2009 JK Wrangler 

Where are you in Ontario? I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. The only legit trails i really know about are in bobcaygeon or the ones in ardbeg. Both are really sweet trails but they're 3+ hours away from the GTA. I'm not sure where you are in Ontario but thats a pretty hefty drive for me

There's the trails in brampton (coke plant) but those are STRICTLY off limits. There is always someone getting stuck in there so I don't doubt that people wheel there all the time but it has no trespassing signs all over. stay away. (Actually I was thinking of possibly speaking with the coke plant owners, maybe letting us get a trail ride in for a day if we sign a waver? the one security guard ive seen there was actually telling me how i should go through another way to get in )

I also know of the blind line trail in orangeville, but again, this is offlimits. This has sand pits, some rocky areas, and a serious mud hole that you'd need at least 40" tires to get through. a lot of kids go where on ATVs and dirtbikes but from my understanding it's also a no trespassing zone...

I've also heard mixed rumors about Ganaraska forest allowing jeepers. My understanding is that if you speak with the people who work there they will let you know a few trails you are allowed on - to be honest though you could go through here with a nissan sentra so what's the point?

other than that, quite honestly, I would LOVE for someone to either respond or PM me about more places to wheel in ontario. I see WAY too many muddy jeeps for there to be NO place to wheel around here . Impossible! I live in the Caledon area and I can tell you now that places like orangeville, alliston, adjala and even brampton for that matter have way too many wheelin' enthusiasts for there not to be just a couple of trails we don't know about.

BUMP!
The thing is...no one is really going to tell you where to find a sweet trail on a forum, unfortunately...the internet is just too open...that info could end up in the wrong hands...know what i mean? But I really wish someone with all the secrets would PM us!!!
jeepwave2389 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Athenaskush
1993 YJ Wrangler 

well me and my bf are is Whitby close to Oshawa and theres a place out there called raglin, and its a no trespassing zone now, they use to allow off roading. Last time we were there it was FULL of people still
Athenaskush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
wheelinaJK

Join the OF4WD, stay informed and help them keep trails open for everyone. http://www.of4wd.com/
Basically all trails are off limits until May 2-4 due to an agreement with the snowmobile associations.

Here's a video regarding Raglan.
wheelinaJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
quikgt
2008 KK Liberty 

Well that sucks!! Raglan WAS an awesome place to ride.
quikgt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
KitchenViper
2011 JK Wrangler 

Raglan is still an awesome place to wheel.....
KitchenViper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.