Need new tires + TPMS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Need new tires + TPMS

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
JeepPower
2005 KJ Liberty 

Need new tires + TPMS

I have a 2005 Liberty Ltd. and it needs new tires. I'm not concerned about winter performance as I have a set of winter tires. The originals are the Goodyear Wrangler HP. So should I stay with the same ones? The spare has never been used to I would like to have a matching set. There have been a mixed review on the Wrangler HP but I personally have not found anything wrong with them.

The TPMS are 6 years old now. I read the battery lasts anywhere from 7-10 years. I don't know if I should replace them. They are kind of pricey here in Canada. The dealer quoted me $89 per sensor. The place where I can get my tires and the TPMS is Canadian Tire. They sell the Orange Electronics sensors for much less but will they work with my Jeep? So it would be convenient to get it all done in one place.

And what about the spare tires sensor? Does that have to be replaced too if I were to get the Orange Electronics sensors? I don't want to have some signal interference between the 4 new sensors and the original in the spare.

JeepPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I highly recommend Goodyear Duratracs.

They are outstanding in the snow and ice - I bought a set last year and was extremely happy with the snow we had last winter.

They also look pretty good on any jeep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.