Jeep Equipment Specific Legality/Law Enforcement Issues Relating to Public Roadways? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Jeep Equipment Specific Legality/Law Enforcement Issues Relating to Public Roadways?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
TrailRated2011

2011 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Equipment Specific Legality/Law Enforcement Issues Relating to Public Roadways?

Over the years I've observed that one of the most contentious issues posted on online Jeep forums is legality and law enforcement issues relating to off-road accessories / equipment / vehicle-builds vis-à-vis public roadway use.

Owners and drivers' perceptions, knowledge and experience can vary a lot---and occasionally disagreement is unresolved.

The highway traffic act of an individual province is typically where Jeep owners will research on their own.

I wasn't aware of this until earlier today but did you know that your provincial ministry of transportation staff may not be able to provide legal advice, interpret the law or conduct research? You might be directed to obtain assistance from a lawyer or paralegal.

This morning I discovered that Ontario Laws | Ontario.ca states the following: Aug 13, 2014 - Our staff can't provide legal advice, interpret the law or conduct research. You may be able to obtain assistance from a lawyer or paralegal.

FYI - For those JeepForum members driving in Ontario who would benefit from an e-copy (keyword searchable from your Web browser) : Check out the Ontario Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8. To find it you can search the Ontario Government's website Ontario Laws | Ontario.ca

Side note: Many Jeep owners suggest communicating with local law enforcement to find out what's legal or not legal.

Have you ever tried this? What was your experience like?

follow the general rule of off-roading, "Go as slow as you can, as fast as you must."
I'm on the Web: geres.ca

Last edited by TrailRated2011; 08-23-2014 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: minor edit
TrailRated2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.