health care - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > health care

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #46
alex_c
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohk View Post
Glad to help. I live in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Vancouver is the nearest major center. It's about an hour away.
I'm from Abbotsford too! Lived there for 10+ years but now I'm in Burnaby. Quite the nice hospital and cancer center we just got there too.

From my experience, our health care system is pretty good. I've never had any problems being treated, and prescription drugs seem to be much cheaper here. I once cut my finger working late one night, and I was in and out of the ER at the local hospital in less than an hour, stitched up and good to go.

For example, my Dad's ex-wife lives in Washington and would have to pay $1500 a month for a prescription she is taking. Being that she has dual citizenship, she can come up to Canada and pay $150 for the same prescription.

Another example - my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer thirteen years ago, and the doctors said that it would be terminal. She received excellent treatment, and she fought bravely for two years before the cancer spread to her liver and took over her body. I can't imagine the amount of debt that would have been incurred on our family if we had to foot the bill, or if our insurance decided it was a "preexisting condition".

She received surgery only weeks after diagnosis, and received specialized treatment regularly and never had to wait for treatment.

I'm aware that some people who oppose the new healthcare legislation in the states think that if you have a terminal disease, you will not receive treatment in order to cut costs. This definitely does not happen in Canada, I can assure you of that.

alex_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #47
axehead
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thank you for your input
axehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #48
axehead
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Digging up an old post.

Any updates?
axehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.