Edmonton jeeper - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Edmonton jeeper

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Reply
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Edmonton jeeper

Hey fellas, I just found the Canadian section of the app here. Didn't know there was one. Totally awesome! Anyway, any jeepers here in Edmonton that want to do some light trailing, I know a few spots just south of Devon And down by the genesee power plant. Anyway, channel 33 on the CB radio. Look for the green yj with the TRV sticker on the rear window! And the KCCO flag on the tailgate!

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.

__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Labs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Hey, welcome to the canadian section. Been scanning these forums for a bit now, seen your post and figured I might as well make my first post for someone in my hometown

Im new to the jeeping world. Just bought my first jeep 3 weeks ago. Im down for some light trailing. Nothing to intense though. This vehicle as of now is my daily driver/weekend warrior.

Its also a stock rubicon. I plan to get a lift, 33's, winch and all the other goodies this fall.

I am a full on rookie in this world.
Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs
Hey, welcome to the canadian section. Been scanning these forums for a bit now, seen your post and figured I might as well make my first post for someone in my hometown

Im new to the jeeping world. Just bought my first jeep 3 weeks ago. Im down for some light trailing. Nothing to intense though. This vehicle as of now is my daily driver/weekend warrior.

Its also a stock rubicon. I plan to get a lift, 33's, winch and all the other goodies this fall.

I am a full on rookie in this world.
Good to meet you!
My jeep is the same story. Right now I'm on 30" BF Goodrich all terrains. I have an M8000 warn winch. Along with other off road equipment. I am just looking for a few guys that can get together on a weekend and hit the river for a little crossing and a bit of mudding. I go all the time, but no one else I know has a jeep or an offroad vehicle that can get a few scratches on it. The spots I know are completely accessible with a stock jeep. As long as 4wd works and you have a little tread on the tires.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Labs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
More then willing to go. I sure hope the 4x4 works. She is bran new. 2013 rubicon unlimited. Well I know it works. Climbed a couple hills this past weekend.

As for the scratches... Not jumping up and down to get em but I know they will come so I just gotta get it over with hah.

Family has some land out by tawatinaw that's fun to quad on. Was hoping to head out that way with the jeep but wanted to wait until I got a winch to pull myself out if stuck or have some others come with.

I dug a quad pretty deep into the Marsh on some land we've never explored last summer. We turned around at that point but been wanting to go back and explore that area again with the jeep.

This jeep has to make it until next summer as my daily driver until I get myself a truck. After that it probably will become a pure toy.
Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs
More then willing to go. I sure hope the 4x4 works. She is bran new. 2013 rubicon unlimited. Well I know it works. Climbed a couple hills this past weekend.

As for the scratches... Not jumping up and down to get em but I know they will come so I just gotta get it over with hah.

Family has some land out by tawatinaw that's fun to quad on. Was hoping to head out that way with the jeep but wanted to wait until I got a winch to pull myself out if stuck or have some others come with.

I dug a quad pretty deep into the Marsh on some land we've never explored last summer. We turned around at that point but been wanting to go back and explore that area again with the jeep.

This jeep has to make it until next summer as my daily driver until I get myself a truck. After that it probably will become a pure toy.
The scratches are optional and purely up to you and your steering lol. The paths could fit a duelly no problem. It was a lot funner when the sask was still flooded and just when it went back down. There was way too much mud for me to mentally handle lol. It's dried up a bit now, but still some decent wet spots. I don't know if you know spruce grove much, but just north on Jennifer hiel way, or campsite road, depending on how long you have been around. There are a couple of large hills. Well at the top hill, there is a spot to mud and hill climb in. It's a small area, but the water comes in my jeep through the drain holes. And it doesnt say no trespassing. So it's worth it for sure. There is one just south of Devon, literally the road that the castrol raceway is on, if you go west till it ends and make a few turns, bam, rr273. Now, it does say it's Leduc county. But the gate that is there, doesn't close. So that and that there was a family camping by the water there, made me feel alright going in and getting a bit dirty. And the one by the genesee power plant is open game. The easy way that a civic can go, is now not optional for anything other than a 4wd, so it's quiet down there now. And the hard way. Is still a ton of fun. I thought I had some pics of that spot, but I guess not. Oh and there is an old lafarge pit on the north side of the river on 273, it says no trespassing, but I've been down there so often and I will take the 100$ ticket for that fun. I hope it's still wet this weekend!
2013, damn! That's real new lol. Lets hope we don't stain the pretty little paint job lol.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Labs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3
Good to know there is some fun spots around Edmonton. I've made a couple posts on some other forums and haven't had any responses from people in our province. Wouldn't mind finding an active 4x4/jeep Club as well.

Before I start filling up my jeep with water I wanted to get the inside all box liner sprayed. Was reading of some peeps in the states doing that and swear by it.

I'm going to have to start considering getting a new bumper with a winch sooner then later now hah.
Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs
Good to know there is some fun spots around Edmonton. I've made a couple posts on some other forums and haven't had any responses from people in our province. Wouldn't mind finding an active 4x4/jeep Club as well.

Before I start filling up my jeep with water I wanted to get the inside all box liner sprayed. Was reading of some peeps in the states doing that and swear by it.

I'm going to have to start considering getting a new bumper with a winch sooner then later now hah.
Actually there is a club it's um, na4wda. Northern Alberta 4wd association I do believe. They run all makes and all models of vehicles with 4wd. In order to join you have to do a newbie run and meet on one of their wing nights. I forget where exactly, north end if I recall. And meet all the vehicle requirements (on their site). And they will set one up. I've been meaning to go, but it's hard with work and their meetings are on Wednesday I think. Or Thursday I can't remember.
And don't worry about the water, there are other routes around. All the places I go, happen to have the easy way and the hard way. Which is nice if you don't feel like working at it.
And I am lined as well, but I have the plugs out as one run had water over my door jamb.
Had to drain it somehow lol. Liner is a good thing to have. If you ever feel like going for a run, pm me. I am working on my new engine at the farm on weekends, when the parts come in. But I am always down for either a mud run or a new place to play around. I prefer mud over rock climbs and such though.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
PDragon
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)
Posts: 41
I'm from Edmonton as well. I would love to drive that trail near Devon. Are you planing to go this spring/summer?
__________________
2007 WK CRD Laredo / QDII / GDE Eco tune / +210,000 kms
PDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #9
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDragon
I'm from Edmonton as well. I would love to drive that trail near Devon. Are you planing to go this spring/summer?
absolutely, pm me and I'll send you my cell number. I just dropped a new engine in my jeep, hopefully I have it broken in by then.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #10
PDragon
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossd1030
absolutely, pm me and I'll send you my cell number. I just dropped a new engine in my jeep, hopefully I have it broken in by then.
Will do!
__________________
2007 WK CRD Laredo / QDII / GDE Eco tune / +210,000 kms
PDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Burnout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 30
Anyone still active here? I am also in the Edmonton area. You can also check out a club known as 4low. We usually meet once or twice a month for a wing night and its a good group of people. Kind of a smaller close knit group as opposed to the big club of just numbers and strangers.

I wheel an 03 Rubicon on 37's and also have an 05 Rubicon I just picked up as a project.

Alex

__________________
2003 Rubicon, 6" long arm, 37" BFG M/T's, Warn 8274-50, 4.88 gears, Wheeled hard.

2005 Rubicon, 6" long arm, 35" BFG's, The project.

2002 Ram 2500 w/24 valve Cummins... Tow Rig
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #12
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Anyone still active here? I am also in the Edmonton area. You can also check out a club known as 4low. We usually meet once or twice a month for a wing night and its a good group of people. Kind of a smaller close knit group as opposed to the big club of just numbers and strangers. I wheel an 03 Rubicon on 37's and also have an 05 Rubicon I just picked up as a project. Alex
Yup, still active.
Just hibernating is all. Don't think I've seen you around. I would have remembered.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 01:03 AM   #13
bigbossd1030
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB, Alberta
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
Anyone still active here? I am also in the Edmonton area. You can also check out a club known as 4low. We usually meet once or twice a month for a wing night and its a good group of people. Kind of a smaller close knit group as opposed to the big club of just numbers and strangers. I wheel an 03 Rubicon on 37's and also have an 05 Rubicon I just picked up as a project. Alex
And I've seen the website, but it's never really led me anywhere. Just votes for pictures. Unless it's because I'm viewing on my phone.
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]/l ,[____],
l----L-[]lllllll[]-
()_)-()_)--o)_)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
PDragon
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)
Posts: 41
Still active! I have visited the 4LO website but couldn't go anywhere. Maybe because I was viewing it as a visitor, instead of registering?

Also, are stock jeeps welcome? I have GC 2007 with QDII.
__________________
2007 WK CRD Laredo / QDII / GDE Eco tune / +210,000 kms
PDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 09:09 PM   #15
Burnout
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 30
Yeah I think you have to register to see much of the forum. Hibernating? No time for that, the winter wheeling season is upon us. Any 4wd vehicles are welcome. We don't discriminate against stock vs. built.
__________________
2003 Rubicon, 6" long arm, 37" BFG M/T's, Warn 8274-50, 4.88 gears, Wheeled hard.

2005 Rubicon, 6" long arm, 35" BFG's, The project.

2002 Ram 2500 w/24 valve Cummins... Tow Rig
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.