edmonton and area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > edmonton and area

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
ready to mud

edmonton and area

to all you jeepers in the edmonton area. i am thinking we should get a winter jeep run going sometime in november. im not sure exactly where as i am in edson, but if some people in edmonton know of some places maybe we can set up a run. something not too extreme that some fairly basic rigs can run

Unread 10-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't done any wheelin' around that area - yet.

I might be persuaded to bring my YJ up for a run, if I get it fixed in time
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
ready to mud

i was thinking late november or even sometime in december. i really want to get a winch or new tires first cause i really dont trust my towhooks too much and dont want to have to use them
Unread 10-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
GSXR

St.Albert here. I hope to have a Rubi by the spring.
GSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
Therou

St. Albert here too. But not too sure about off roading as I have no towhooks, rescue equipment, etc. But I cant wait until we have enough snow!!
Green Jeep Club Member #190
NGJC #8
Canadian Jeep Club Member #15
Stock Jeep Member #55
www.therou.ca
Therou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #6
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therou
St. Albert here too. But not too sure about off roading as I have no towhooks, rescue equipment, etc. But I cant wait until we have enough snow!!
Go and visit your local PrincessAuto - they have tow-hooks for you (rated 10,000lbs), snatch-straps (get a 2" x 30' and a 3" x ???? ) and mount a hitch to the rear with a shackle-mount and you are good to go.

My Jeep is getting closer - hope to have the 305 mounted tomorrow - finish the springs, install the compressor and second battery, hook the winch to the secondary battery and I should be laughing till I start rebuilding my 350

Unread 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
ready to mud

sounds good guys we just have to figure out when and where. i would say edson would be a good area but i cant think of any good trails to go on with very many people and that would make for a good day of wheelin
Unread 10-20-2006, 11:11 AM   #8
ert01

I'm from St. Albert as well, and I know of another guy who doesn't frequent here that would come too sometime.

My uncle has a farm just outside of Edson there that we may be able to wheel on a bit. He has a decent gravel pit, the river and a few really good trails on his property. One trail was built as an emergency access path to the CN track that borders my uncles land and when it was built a long time ago, it would get big CAT's stuck, so the whole trail is just a series of huge mud pits that have totally eaten our quads before. Even with Vampires and winches, the quads have a really tough time making it sometimes because the pits go from treeline to treeline across the trail and you can't avoid the deep spots. I haven't done it in my XJ yet because I just finished my lift and tires (4.5" and 33's) but I am eager to get out there. Especially after all this rain and light snow...

As long as everyone has towpoints and 1 person has a winch we should be fine. He has a tractor that we can use it things get really bad too though.

I don't know if there's enough terrain to make for a full day though. That trail goes a little ways, but if things are going easy it can be done pretty quick...
ert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
ert01

Also, there's a ton of good trails around Hinton. My other uncle lives out there and restores old Willy's jeeps as a hobby. He has a few that he has setup for trails though and he spends most of his freetime just wheeling right around town there. I'm sure he'd gladly show us some great trails. I used to quad around there when I was younger (both set of grandparents lived out there) and the trails I rode were a bit tight for Jeeps, but there's a wide variety of great terrain. And an old crashed airplane up in the hills that was fun to play in.

Just another thought for where to wheel.
Unread 10-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #10
ready to mud

that could work to. i am going to keep my eyes open around edson and test out a few more trails in the next little while to see if i can find a good one
Unread 10-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
mystere1

you should post this on edmontjeep.com. you might find some more people that are interested.

there are some good trails in grande cache. also i herd about a good trail around cadomin area.
mystere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
ready to mud

ya there are supposed to be some good trails around cadomin im just not sure exactly where and if they are big enough for a vehicle
Unread 10-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #13
ert01

I have never seen the edmonton jeep forums before... I usually goto eco forums. Time to register on more forums now...
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
ready to mud

ok it turns out emontonjeep.com is trying to get a run going for november 4 or 5 so if you want to come wheel around edmonton this is your chance
Unread 10-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked out 4Wheeler.ca ??? Lots of western Canada people are visiting there now, but its based in Calgary, so the amount of Calgary vs. Country is like 90:1 ..

It took over where BogginFreaks died off at..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.