JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Canada (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f109/)
-   -   desperate need of help in spruce grove ab. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f109/desperate-need-help-spruce-grove-ab-1442344/)

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

desperate need of help in spruce grove ab.

Hey guys. I am in need of help. I just broke my powersteering res and need a fix asap. I have limited supplies to jimmy rig a temp one. If there is anyone in the sprucegrove or edmonton area that happens to have one laying around and is willing to sell it to me. I need the jeep in the am for work and am kinda screwed. Its a 95 4.0 ax15. Remote res. I have 60 bucks cash on me. Thank you.

Anticanman 11-25-2012 07:15 PM

Where is it broken and are the hoses intact?

Louie4 11-25-2012 07:19 PM

JB Weld is always an option. I got the JB Kwik weld today actually. It sets in 6 minutes and cures in 4-6 hours.

Otherwise you can find a reservoir from a volvo when you get time.

If you give us more details like Anti said we can help a little more.

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 07:23 PM

The hoses are fine. The 3/8 hose connection broke off.

zte87 11-25-2012 07:23 PM

X2 on the jb weld, there shouldn't be a huge a huge amount of pressure in the res. do you have any pics of the said break?

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 07:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zte87
X2 on the jb weld, there shouldn't be a huge a huge amount of pressure in the res. do you have any pics of the said break?

Yeah I do

Anticanman 11-25-2012 07:55 PM

There's no pressure on it so you migh want to consider plumbing it to a Gatorade bottle. Head on down to Home Depot and grab some fittings.

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman
There's no pressure on it so you migh want to consider plumbing it to a Gatorade bottle. Head on down to Home Depot and grab some fittings.

I would but home depot is closed right now. I was able to get it to a buddies house. I am going to call my brothers parts guy and see if he can get me one. If not, is there a specific vovlo model and year I can pull one off?

Louie4 11-25-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbossd1030 (Post 14507222)
I would but home depot is closed right now. I was able to get it to a buddies house. I am going to call my brothers parts guy and see if he can get me one. If not, is there a specific vovlo model and year I can pull one off?

I know it was on a couple models. The ones on ours were the 7XX series wagon and sedan. The years were '89 and '90. If you go to a yard just look at the late '80's and early 90's Volvo's as the older models had the CJ style pumps.

I honestly think JB Weld is perfect for that...if you have any that is.

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louie4

I know it was on a couple models. The ones on ours were the 7XX series wagon and sedan. The years were '89 and '90. If you go to a yard just look at the late '80's and early 90's Volvo's as the older models had the CJ style pumps.

I honestly think JB Weld is perfect for that...if you have any that is.

Yeah I jb welded it, had some. I'm going to try and get a new one. I don't want to chance it breaking. Thank you everyone for the ideas. Its at a friends house so its safe for a while, till other jeepers sniff it out lol. Ill come back to my wheels and a seat lol

PA_YJ19 11-25-2012 08:37 PM

Late 90s Nissan maxima also has a nice reservoir that worked for mine when I broke it. I literally broke mine in the exact same spot u did. Maxima has a mounting bracket and same size inlet and outlet as the jeep reservoir.

bigbossd1030 11-25-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_YJ19
Late 90s Nissan maxima also has a nice reservoir that worked for mine when I broke it. I literally broke mine in the exact same spot u did. Maxima has a mounting bracket and same size inlet and outlet as the jeep reservoir.

Thank you very much. I'm going to the jy if pete can't find me one.

bigbossd1030 11-26-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbossd1030

Thank you very much. I'm going to the jy if pete can't find me one.

So its not avail anywhere. I found one at morris 4x4. Problem is I need it now. Chrysler can't get it. I did however find that the zj and xj have the same one. Score, I have 7 zjs and 6 xjs in the jy right now. I have a good feeling about this.

bigbossd1030 11-26-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbossd1030

So its not avail anywhere. I found one at morris 4x4. Problem is I need it now. Chrysler can't get it. I did however find that the zj and xj have the same one. Score, I have 7 zjs and 6 xjs in the jy right now. I have a good feeling about this.

There goes that feeling they close when I get off work. Sigh

bigbossd1030 11-27-2012 08:54 PM

Finally! Nissan maxima. Not the same but worked. Bracket required bending to fit passed airbox. And return hose had to be extended with brass union and had a bendable spring from crappytire to keep its shape, as the hose on this one comes out of the side, rather than the stock bottom. I will post some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys. Oh and zjs and xjs have the res built on pump.... no good.

The time now is 01:04 PM.