Canadian Quadratec Customers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Canadian Quadratec Customers

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Canadian Quadratec Customers

Hey all,

I'm trying to work out some possible kinks with our shipping to Canada. We used to ship via regular UPS Ground, but due to extreme brokerage fees we ceased that delivery method. We then began shipping via UPS International Expedited. This does not have a brokerage fee attached. I've seen a few posts here and there about UPS still charging our Canadian customers a brokerage fee. Has anyone here had this issue with being charged brokerage for the above shipping method?

Thank you!

-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 - Toy
-03 VW Golf TDI (Diesel) - Commuter
-Former Jeeps: XJ, YJ, XJ, YJ, TJ, ZJ, ZJ
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
-FDNY 9/11/01 - All gave some. Some gave all.
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hello,

I have ordered before and find that generally UPS Expedited does not have a separate brokerage fee, but often we are charged duty equivalent to sales tax when the order shows up here. Maybe that's what they are referring to? For instance, in Ontario it's 13%.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Slappyman
1998 ZJ 

I refuse to use UPS for ANY type of shipment, they are crooked!!!

Are you unable to use straight USPS??
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. ** IRO 7" Premium Long Arm Kit. ** IRO OTK Steering System. ** DT-8000 Shocks. ** JKS Quicker Discos. ** AE Wheels Series 185 Rims. ** Mickey Thompson 305/70/R16 Tires.

My build thread.
Slappyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Using a mail service means all kinds of limitations on stuff like combined dimensions. I ship lots of stuff, so I have been through this before.

UPS has changed their pricing structure in the last 6 or 8 months, it's worth a look.

Tire Rack builds sales tax and brokerage in to their shipping rates, any chance of that?
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #5
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Thanks guys. I'll be showing all responses to some higher ups, so please feel free to throw in whichever questions/comments you like. If I have an answer for you I'll definitely post it here. Currently we offer UPS International Expedited, USPS International Priority Mail at the moment to Canada.
-The statements in this message do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Quadratec, Inc.

-98 ZJ Limited 5.9L - 4.5" lift, 32" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Tomken rocker guards, D44 rear, 3.73's, LSD, 4xDoctor D30 guard, custom projector HID headlights, custom intake, LED lightbar, underdrive pulley, trans vent tube - Wheeler/Bad Weather Rig
-98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 - 5.7L LS1, 6 speed, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat back, Pioneer system - Summer Cruiser
-Rick Rotondo Photography - Nikon D2x, lots of glass, lighting, tri & monopods, and other gear
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have also had good experiences with FedEx when ordering from Rock Auto. They also offer an option to pay for HST/brokerage at checkout time. It's not necessarily the cost that's an issue, its a $30-$50 COD surprise when the package shows up that is the problem.
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
PAFirefighter11
Quadratec Live Chat Rep

1998 ZJ 

Thanks for the info again! This is per my manager regarding other ship methods: We do not have shipping rates programmed in the system for Global Priority Mail, but it is an option if you call in and request it when you place an order.

Unread 12-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
jeepwave2389
2009 JK Wrangler 

the only thing I ordered from you came UPS and i had to pay 30 dollars before they would hand it over to me. By the time I paid shipping and THAT...it cost me more to get it here than it did to buy the item. How about DHL?
jeepwave2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwave2389 View Post
the only thing I ordered from you came UPS and i had to pay 30 dollars before they would hand it over to me. By the time I paid shipping and THAT...it cost me more to get it here than it did to buy the item. How about DHL?
How much of that was HST?
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
jeepwave2389
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler905 View Post
How much of that was HST?
i'd be lying to say i remembered. this was back in the summer. it wasn't a big deal. but being surprised by the COD definitely was.
jeepwave2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #11
Slappyman
1998 ZJ 

UPS normally charges a "Brokerage fee" It can be very inflated.
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. ** IRO 7" Premium Long Arm Kit. ** IRO OTK Steering System. ** DT-8000 Shocks. ** JKS Quicker Discos. ** AE Wheels Series 185 Rims. ** Mickey Thompson 305/70/R16 Tires.

My build thread.
Slappyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
cdnroadwarrior
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm new to Jeeps, but I've ordered some other stuff from the US. Every time the shipper uses UPS, I end up with a huge bill. USPS is best, but I understand that they may offer limitations. I know it's much to ask, but why don't you guys open a distribution center up here?
cdnroadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
SaskCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnroadwarrior View Post
but why don't you guys open a distribution center up here?
Lord knows there's a market for one. Personally, if I do order from the states, all I want is to know exactly what I will have to pay before I make the purchase. If that could be calculated before we confirm purchase, and not have any surprises later on, that would be alright. But seriously, a Quadratec dist. center in Canada? I would be in my glory.
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
morerpmfred
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I have paid $150 in brokerage fees on the coffee cup holder for an xj. Ups may have changed there pricing. Does not matter. If I,am looking for parts from a vendor and they only ship ups then i will not buy from them ever. Got lots of stuff through usps, axles, gears , lockers, lifts. How about opening an outlet store here in Alberta?
morerpmfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.