Arctic Travel 2011.03.19-04.05 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Arctic Travel 2011.03.19-04.05

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #31
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 01 2011.03.19 C

I have visited the Summerhill Pyramid Winery In the beautiful Kelowna beside of the Okanagan Lake , it is much smaller than I expected, both the pyramid cellar itself and its the size of the winery.

However, all details are very attractive, I like this doing things style by mind !

Icewine is a gift to give wine lovers from nature , Canadian ice wine has enjoyed a high international reputation. Icewine VQA standard is known as the world's most stringent wine standards, Canada is considered the world's leading producer of ice wine.

day01b01.jpg   day01b02.jpg   day01b03.jpg   day01b04.jpg  
villasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #32
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 01 2011.03.19 D

Leaving Kelowna, there are many fascinate landscape on the road going Banff .

According to the recommendation of friends online, we chose a famous Banff backpackers hostel accommodation. May be different cultural, may be different backgrounds, I always want to join into the atmosphere of young travel people, but it is very different idea in reality.

■ Accommodation:

Banff Y Mountain Lodge 102 Spray Avenue Banff Alberta

Phone:1-800-813-4138
day01c01.jpg   day01c02.jpg   day01c03.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #33
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 02 2011.03.20 A

From Banff to Lake Louise,along Icefields Pkwy/AB-93 N, to jasper national park,then Trans-Canada Hwy/Yellowhead Hwy E/AB-16 E and AB-40 N ,to Grande Cache,travel about 700 kilometers.

Banff is located in Calgary west, the Rocky Mountain. Even pay attention to nature conservation in Canada, Banff is still a natural beauty and famous scenic town, it is more a harmony paradise between man and nature.

Lake Louise and the famous castle hotel is said to be one symbol of Canada's tourism industry, snow and ice in winter is more interested .
day02a01.jpg   day02a02.jpg   day02a03.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 02 2011.03.20 B

Jasper National Park is the largest national park in the Canadian, it is a continuation and expansion of Banff National Park. this Icefields Pkwy road is really worth to go in the winter, The most special is that I saw the people really camping in the snow, but also the solar photovoltaic system, later than others A step, not only some melancholy, but also very exciting.

In a viewing platform of the world famous Columbia Icefields, there were a few people climb the mountain top difficultly, then quickly slide down the elegant, really envy, that feeling of conquest may be more fun than skiing in the skifield.
day02b01.jpg   day02b02.jpg   day02b03.jpg   day02b04.jpg   day02b05.jpg  

Unread 06-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #35
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 02 2011.03.20 C

I am really lamenting the charm of nature, Jasper has contacted with the Arctic here, the meaning seems to have into the Arctic Ocean, it appears that the Arctic Adventure, not only is the desire of many people, but also is the natural choice.

I do not know what kind of scenery about Jasper National Park in the summer, it seems that the Arctic summer trip will certainly enticing also.

Because the road is better than expected, and the time is abundant, so we abandoned plans of staying in Jasper, we decided to move on.

When we go to the 40# road, the weather began to change. Because it is not the main highway, the road is very narrow, the traffic is very little , the road have been full of ice and snow, the snow flower float in air, and grew larger and larger, the visibility began to decrease. Now we had felt a little realy sense of Arctic Adventure.

Because the opposite car, our car turn a little to the right side, there is no trace of the car wheel. May be the road itself, may be the snow, our car suddenly drove into the snow ditch on the side of the road about one meter deep.

I really had not have such this experience, since I say don't worry, but my mind was really chaos. We have to get off the car, and four-wheel drive, shovels, picks and other tools can all be used, but it is not possible that out of the ditch by our own.

Canadians really are very friendly, almost all the passing car stopped to help us, we ask a truck help us out by my tow rope, tried many times, it is basically impossible. Because the road is too slippery, our car basically did not move, but the truck is more closer to the ditch, the risk is too much.

We had no way, when I want to call tow truck, one large trailer truck came, it is loaded with snowmobiles, so I ask them for help. Probably because they are much heavy, probably because they have enough horsepower, After twists and turns, our car was towed back to the road finally.

When our car came back to the road, I started unloading the luggage, to find our sponsorship icewine by oak brewed. We had given one bottle of icewine to each friend for help us, they are very happy, and we feel very lucky also.

The whole process near misses, people and car were all no matter. We found the nearest motel for Accommodation, and found a local restaurant for dinner. Our experience of Arctic Adventure began.

Because I really made ​​a bit ignorant, and worried other people take offense, I had not taken pictures and videos from start to finish, this is the only regrettable.

■ Accommodation: Best Western Hotel 9901 100 Street Box 1200, Grande Cache, Alberta
Phone: 1-780-827-3303
day02c01.jpg   day02c02.jpg   day02c03.jpg   day02c04.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #36
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 03 2011.03.21 A

From Grande Cache, along AB-40 N, to Dawson Creek-Tupper Hwy/BC-2 N, to Alaska HWY, TO Fort ST. John, travel about 700 kilometers.

After getting gas in the morning, because traction and rescue yesterday, and our Arctic adventure has just begun, we all agreed that first of all to find car repair plant to conduct a comprehensive safety inspection, for meeting more difficult journey in the future.

Through GPS, we found one brand car maintenance, after nearly an hour of testing, everything is OK, we have repeatedly put forward we will explore to the Arctic, we want to ensure the vehicle status. Their answer is direct, very simple - "No Problem".

Although the snow is still all the way, we had increased the standard of driving after two days of snow practice. We quickly returned to BC Province, and came to Dawson Creek, The famous Alaska Highway starting point.
day03a01.jpg   day03a02.jpg   day03a03.jpg  
Unread 06-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #37
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 03 2011.03.21 B

Fort ST. John is called the energy capital in BC. Through several times to ask the way and the twists and turns, we found the wooden cottage B & B scheduled by internet, and then go to the local supermarket to purchase vegetables, eggs and other supplies for the next few days, the general feeling is almost like Vancouver, the price of about 15% higher than in Vancouver.

After a abundant dinner, we were all very happy, I also took the opportunity to experience the Mountain Hard sleeping bag and the oak ice wine of Wine Making Place in the ice and snow, that is really very different feeling, new experience and new style life.

■ Accommodation: The Grande Haven 12292 - Simpson Fort ST. John
Phone: 1-250-261-1864
day03b01.jpg   day03b02.jpg   day03b03.jpg   day03b04.jpg   day03b05.jpg  

Unread 06-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #38
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 03 2011.03.21 C

Because I had been doing real estate development in Beijing , I am very familiar about the Scandinavian-style wooden villa. This time, I had a real experience about it, I more like it.

In the pure wood house, it is especially good felling for heating by burning the original wood , we were also competing experience.

In accordance Canadian style, the landlord usually have made ​​ the album pictures of the construction process about their home for others appreciate, this owner is no exception. His album looks how made ​​ step by step about the houses, from tree felling, clearing, building to the decoration, it is rather a sense of accomplishment.

The landlord know that we came from China are very friendly, we praised his house more and gave him a bottle of ice wine as gift, we take a picture together.
day03c01.jpg   day03c02.jpg   day03c03.jpg   day03c04.jpg  
Unread 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #39
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 04 2011.03.22 A

From Fort ST. john, along Alaska Hwy, turn Fort Neilson, to Liard Hot Springs, travel about 700 kilometers.

Along the road, the gas price began higher, this station is 155 in the photo. Because most gas station closed in winter, we basically see a station to full the gas.
day04a01.jpg   day04a02.jpg   day04a03.jpg  
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #40
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 04 2011.03.22 B

When we went to north from Fort ST. John, we more felt to return the nature, rarely seen the artificial mark along .

Wild animals began to appear, although the overall number less than number of people in our this trip, but we are getting excited.
day04b01.jpg   day04b02.jpg   day04b03.jpg  
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #41
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 04 2011.03.22 C

Finally we reached the famous Liard Hot Springs, it is said to be one of top ten strange Hot Springs in the world.

Our general feeling is really good, I feel more better than a few hot springs around Vancouver, you will have a fully integrated into the natural feel. there is a hot eye in the hot spring, the temperature of the water is very hot, there is a small water stream by mountain snow melting, it's temperature is very cool. These two stocks is mixed into the natural hot springs pool, the temperature is just right, both quiet and comfortable, plus the snow beside of the pool, it really feel exactly, it is same with people's imagination.

This hot spring is a long time wanted by me, I always have a idea for drinking ice wine and seeing ​​the stars in open-air hot springs all night.
day04c01.jpg   day04c02.jpg   day04c03.jpg   day04c04.jpg   day04c05.jpg  

Unread 06-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #42
villasca

Watch my video more have an immersed sense:

http://www.vanillamountains.com/View...0000120&page=4
Unread 06-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #43
villasca

Solamagination Arctic Expedition --- Day 04 2011.03.22 D

Liard River Hot Springs is the second largest hot spring in Canada. It provides relief to Alaskan bound travellers after a long day on the road. The hot springs complex is of national ecological significance and is well known for its natural setting in a lush boreal spruce forest.

Liard is open year round. There is a hot spring open to the public called Alpha pool with water temperatures ranging from 42 C to 52 C. Facilities include a change house and composting toilet. A boardwalk, which leads to the hot spring pools, passes through a warm water swamp and boreal forest which supports rich and diverse plant communities as well as mammal and bird species. Visitors are asked to stay on the boardwalk at all times in this area so as not to disturb the sensitive habitat. Watch for moose feeding in the warm water swamps. Due to the lush plant life influenced by the warmth of the springs, the area was originally known as the "Tropical Valley."

■ Accommodation: Liard Hotsprings Lodge Mile 497 Alaska Highway
Phone: 1-866-939-2522
day04c06.jpg   day04c07.jpg   day04c08.jpg   day04c09.jpg  

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.