Any ORV parks in Ontario? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Canada > Any ORV parks in Ontario?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Hurley91

Any ORV parks in Ontario?

Where do people in Ontario go wheeling? Are there any near Toronto? I've searched the web and can't find anything but ATV trail and mountain bike trails.

Unread 01-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
spawn12348
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Trying to find this out myself
spawn12348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
jeepwave2389
2009 JK Wrangler 

bump
jeepwave2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
punisher1985
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just outside sault ste Marie Ontario has 2 side by side one is sault trussel and the other is morning wood
punisher1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
joher

Not been myself but I've heard talk of Ganaraska Forrest
joher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just look for a wooded area and look for fire access routes. Some are in better conditions than others.

Also, joining and club in your area is prob the best way to learn all the trails.

Within a 2 hour drive of my house I have two huge jeep events and they take place on trail systems
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Hurley91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedatya View Post
Just look for a wooded area and look for fire access routes. Some are in better conditions than others.

Also, joining and club in your area is prob the best way to learn all the trails.

Within a 2 hour drive of my house I have two huge jeep events and they take place on trail systems
I see you're from Clairington. I'm from Newtonville
Hurley91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey! It's always nice to see local guys on here!

Cheers!
Unread 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
B93
1998 ZJ 

The best way to find trails is to pick a long backroad and keep your eye out for openings in the woods... that's about it. Southern Ontario isn't built for fun, it's built for the 9-5 eat work sleep lifestyle and convenient paved routes to soccer practise.

I may have generalized too much, but I live in Whitby - the center of that lifestyle. Most boring possible town to grow up in, no fun allowed and houses as far as the eye can see...

But yeah, I've come across a few decent trails that way but nothing too great. Most of them just end up getting too narrow at the end and scratching the hell out of your paint, and then you have to either reverse through the trail for a km or drive through the bush and attempt a 3 point turn.
B93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Whitby!

I moved there from Scarborough when I was 18. Whitby is clean, relatively safe and middle to upper class.

It might be boring but you didn't have to avoid street gangs and being robbed like I did in Scarborough. I was shot at in grade 8 and when I was 16 I was robbed at knife point and they held the knife across my throat while being searched.

All you need to do I read maps and look closely. North of Whitby up hwy 12 is orillia and great spots around there to get muddy. Go to bobcaygeon area and 5 points trail system.

Go to minden and great spots there too. These spots aren't in our backwards but close enough I suppose.

And for the record i like Whitby
Unread 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
BigMikeOfTO
2011 JK Wrangler 

Pickering here

Anyone local up for some wheelin sometime soon?
image-325189558.jpg   image-1124437307.jpg  
BigMikeOfTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
B93
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavedatya View Post
Whitby!

I moved there from Scarborough when I was 18. Whitby is clean, relatively safe and middle to upper class.

It might be boring but you didn't have to avoid street gangs and being robbed like I did in Scarborough. I was shot at in grade 8 and when I was 16 I was robbed at knife point and they held the knife across my throat while being searched.

All you need to do I read maps and look closely. North of Whitby up hwy 12 is orillia and great spots around there to get muddy. Go to bobcaygeon area and 5 points trail system.

Go to minden and great spots there too. These spots aren't in our backwards but close enough I suppose.

And for the record i like Whitby
I grew up in Scarborough, liked it there but yeah, you're right - Whitby is safe, it is nice, just boring. There's not too much to do that doesn't require spending $20+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeOfTO View Post
Pickering here

Anyone local up for some wheelin sometime soon?
Yes! I'm looking at getting another 5.9 and may have one soon. It would be stock though and I've only been out a few times so there can't be anything too intense. Don't want to buy it and break it immediately
B93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
CamJeep77
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joher View Post
Not been myself but I've heard talk of Ganaraska Forrest

I have dirt biked in Ganaraska many times and seen a few Jeeps in there. Unfortunately they are only allowed on the access roads none of the tough stuff. So it would really be nothing more than a drive down a dirt road in the forest. More of a enjoy the scenery type thing.

Good to see Ontario Jeepers on this site!
CamJeep77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
DirtDragon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

If you're looking for some serious trails, there are a few local trails just south of Ottawa.

One example is the North Augusta Mud Bog, as well as the trails out in Limerick Forest and out on Scotch Line Road, just west of Kemptville on the highway 43. Follow Donoghue Road south, until you reach a chicane in the road. Turn right, and follow the road. If you make it through (without getting stuck), you should reach Bolton Rd. Follow that to the right, and you'll be back on Hwy 43.

If you have any concerns, just wait at the Tim Hortons in the strip mall, and ask some of the locals if they know of anyone who could help. It's a small country town, so most people are likely to know of someone who can lend a hand if things go pear-shaped.

EDIT: Here's a link to the location on Google Maps. Well worth the trip for the North Augusta Mud Drags. Look it up on Google and Youtube to see what happens here every year.

https://maps.google.ca/maps/place?ft...Ccm-wAGv7oCoBw

Also, I've got the location for the Scotch Line Trails. Infamous place for mudding, and is a very fun trail if you know what you're doing. See: Battle-hardened, or daring.

https://maps.google.ca/maps/place?ft...JMXqwAH72oGoBQ

Enjoy!
DirtDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #15
Luck881
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Voyager Multi-use Trail system in Mattawa, Ontario - Between Pembroke and North Bay. It's actually Crown Land maintained by the organization and you can camp anywhere suitable. Good place for a long weekend. The trail pass cost is really voluntary as you can get on the trail system in about a different hundred places.

http://www.vmuts.com/4wd.htm

'05 TJ SE, 2.4L, 6 Spd, 2(+)" Procomp Lift, 33" GY Duratracs
'09 Ram QC SLT
Luck881 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.