YJ Flat tow across the country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > YJ Flat tow across the country

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
cbmadcow
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Flat tow across the country

Hey Jeepers,

As the title implies in the next 3 months I will be leaving CA and going back home to MA.

I want to flat tow my Jeep with my wife's truck.
Would you do it?
I plan to remove both front and rear drive shafts.
My jeep does have front and rear lunchbox lockers, anyone foresee problems?

To rent a flat trailer it would cost anywhere from $400 to $600. I would rather not rent a trailer.
I have no experience in flat towing just trailer towing.

Anything to look out for?
Any advice?

Thanks Kevin

Unread 09-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Kris_Kris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have had a jeep with a front locker that did not want to track properly around sharper turns. It was OK on the highway. That is a long way to flat tow. You will want to test this first. If it doesn't track properly I think you could pull the front axle shafts instead of the front drive shaft.
Kris_Kris is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.