Will 33" fit my M416 trailer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > Will 33" fit my M416 trailer?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Our_Rubi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Will 33" fit my M416 trailer?

I purchased a 46 M416 trailer I'm getting ready To replace the suspension but I'm either going to replace the axle, along with shocks & leaf springs or go axle less. My concern is that my 33" tires may not fit any suggestions or members with previous experience? Thanks in advance.

Our_Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do a SOA and you can get the 33s on there. I have a CDN M101 and the previous owner was running on 35s. I moved the axle back over the spring because am running on 31s.
Unread 03-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
hesterj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, the m416 will be able to handle the 33's but the backspace and dust cove size will kill you. I see you are running aftermarket rims already so the bearing dust cover won't be a big deal. The offset of the rim will be your next hurdle.it's a lot easier to chunk the whole axle. Good luck.

FIX IT TILL it's broke
hesterj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Our_Rubi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I spoke with ABC Trailer in Alabama he is the one axle shop that seemed to know anything about axles for a M416. Im going to order a new axle once I get the rims in he wants offset info before we order the axle.
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Md_06Unltd
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our_Rubi
I purchased a 46 M416 trailer I'm getting ready To replace the suspension but I'm either going to replace the axle, along with shocks & leaf springs or go axle less. My concern is that my 33" tires may not fit any suggestions or members with previous experience? Thanks in advance.
If it's a 1946, then it is a M100 (round fenders). The M416 has flat fenders and weren't manufactured till the 1960's.

This will make a difference when seeking parts/solutions.
66 M416
Md_06Unltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Our_Rubi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md_06Unltd

If it's a 1946, then it is a M100 (round fenders). The M416 has flat fenders and weren't manufactured till the 1960's.

This will make a difference when seeking parts/solutions.
Yea I noticed that while doing some research for some reason the registration read 46 but I guess the DMV will register these trailers however they're told?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.