What is going rate for M416? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > What is going rate for M416?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 05-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What is going rate for M416?

What is the going rate for a M416?

I'm not talking about ebay prices.

I looking at one that looks to be in fair to good condition (considering age). Haven't seen it in person yet, but pics show surface rust on body. Bed looks to be rusty, but I cannot tell in pics how much.

No lunette ring, but original lights, chains and brake handle (not sure about brakes) are in place. Tailgate cut in, not sure how well done.

Plan to go look at this one over the weekend. I only see these things here and there, but rairly so close to home.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #2
Not4Mud
2002 TJ Wrangler 

M416 Prices

It just depends...400, 600, and I've even seen 1200.00. I've actually got one for sale that I want 500 for. It listed under misc jeep parts if you're interested.
Not4Mud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
FLIGHTNURSEJIM

I am selling one (with title) for $950. It is a 65 model that has a 2" ball coupler on it. Minimal rust. Email me at Flightnursejim@aol.com with questions.
FLIGHTNURSEJIM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
JPNCA
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Depends who is selling it

Keep an eye out for one in the weeds and go knock on their door
JPNCA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Muddman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Region and rust are big factors but even around here I've seen them on Craigslist from $300 to over $1000. Typically I would say $600 around here for good condition but occasionally see one that isn't a rust bucket for $300.
Are you dead set on M416?
You could make a nice camping/jeep trailer out of other military trailers like this one http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/3958395941.html

Or non military knock-offs http://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/3989721850.html

Searchtempest.com is an easy way to check several cities on Craigslist at one time if you're willing to drive for one. Also remember to search army trailer or military trailer, not just M416. Many people don't know they have a M416 and if they don't that usually means you can get it cheaper.
RE 3.5" suspension lift with RE Adjustable Track Bar, 33x12.5R15 BFGoodrich MTs on 15x8 AR-63, Front tow hooks, offroad lights, Wilderness swing away tire carrier bumper with rack, AtoZ Fabrication Rocker Guards with tube step, cb
Black Jeep Club V2.0 # 76
Muddman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
sammy3372
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a 416 .....that was a total rust bucket. My wife still calls it scrappy. I bought a blem tub from Manley ORV. www.manleyorv.com.....put new tires and wheels...coated the frame with POR-15...repacked the hubs...and new shocks....love it!
sammy3372 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.