Started tearing it apart. I have about 4 hours into the job. Have the intake, turbo, turbo pedestal, oil/fuel filter housing, degas bottle, egr valve, alternator, etc etc etc..... I am working on getting the exhaust manifold off but had to go to work. They says it is a 20 hour job..
Is there a prize for having four posts in a row ?? The pig is all back together, only had time to start it before i had to come into work tonight though. I heard a pretty loud hissing sound. I think its the Up-pipe not seated fully on the turbo. I will have to check it out in the morning when i get home... It started though so I am happy !!!!
Not today, but about 2 weeks ago I did a little work on the ol CTD
New turbo back Magnaflow 4" exhaust. Sounds great. I just need to fill up with fuel again to see what if any mileage improvements I see. It certainly smokes a bit less when I hammer it so it seems the turbo is spooling quicker.
Not today, but last week. On our 2006 class C motorhome. The large plastic rear view mirror housings have been slowly changing color since it was new. Years of sun and elements turned them to an awful yellow color. Krylon Fusion plastic paint worked so well on my fender flares, I decided to give it a try on the mirrors. They popped right off with one allen head set screw. A light sanding before paint, and the results are pretty darn good. It was so easy, I can't believe I did not do this years ago.
Saturday I put a 4" MBRP turbo back with muffler on my 04 QC LB cummins.
Did some research on the intakes and discovered that the factory box is pretty darn good due to heat shielding. I do plan on putting a new box to turbo tube on it eventually. Today I installed a DIY cold air intake modified factory box. Many other people go the route with a plumbing flange and flex pipe.
There's a company that makes kit that has a flange flex pipe and a piece to support the lower part of the tube. I took this approach but cheaper.
I could only source a 3" flex hose for auto intakes and 3" flange locally. I went to summit and found a 4" flange and flex pipe front Spectre.
All in all it cost me under $40 with the flange pipe screws and hose clamp. It took about 25 min which was start to finish including getting the tools out and cleaning up.
Remove the box
Cut a 4" hole in the factory box
Place flange on box to drill for screws.
Drill holes and put the screws in. I did out rtv on the screws to better hold them in place
Attach the flex pipe with a hose clamp and supplied rubber hose
Line it all up And put the box back in place. 2 friction connectors and 1 bolt hold it in place.
Attach the flex pipe to the body
I may reroute the lower end to reduce the turbulence of the intake
Anyway haven't even started the truck as I wanted to let the rtv cure.