What did you do to your trailer/ Tow rig today? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > What did you do to your trailer/ Tow rig today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

What did you do to your trailer/ Tow rig today?

Well I've seen it in other sections here so I figured why not start one here. I know many people are adding stuff to their tow rigs, especially diesels.

Anyway... I've added some 55watt reverse lights to the trailer and some side marker lights so that you can see it while towing at night. I also added some center brake lights on the rear. I found a pack of 12 amber and red lights for under $10 so why not install them.

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
haulin-rv
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Towed with it . I picked up a new Jayco TT in Middlebury, In and am heading to a dealer in Bryan, Tx (1200 miles) to deliver it tomorrow. Then back to In. pick up another for a short trip (600 or so miles) then I am done for the week. Guess thats why my 06 Duramax tow rig currently has 268,000 miles on it.

2006 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually W/ Duramax Diesel and Allison Auto

Other Toys Mine-2004 Suzuki Ltz400, Sons-2007 Polaris Outlaw 90, Daughter POS Import Quad soon to be replaced w/ a Polaris 50.
haulin-rv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Just got done doing an intake gasket on the tow rig. Intake job on a van is not fun!
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse-James
Just got done doing an intake gasket on the tow rig. Intake job on a van is not fun!

what's up with the bus?
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

Unread 09-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
dooboy2112
2000 WJ 

I added a Fuel Jug Rack to my motorcycle trailer.

dooboy2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #6
tcox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

changed the shocks, and all the lubricating fluids. and after 150k miles, the brakes are still in excellent condition
Unread 10-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not today but I figured I could add to this thread...

I tow with my 1998 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab 12 valve CTD 5 speed Sport

I recently had a 4K RPM gov. spring kit installed, had the injection pump turned up a little, added a 4" mangnaflow turbo back exhaust, had all the engine and inj. pump timing set and all sorts of other small stuff. It's like a completely different truck, she should be in the 300+ HP range now and my stock clutch is still holding but I don't know for how long. The exhaust lowered my EGT by almost 350 degrees on the highway at 80, I'll see this weekend what she does towing.
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86
what's up with the bus?
The wife got to not liking the idea of it parked in the drive, so she conned me out of it by buying me this for my B-day. Plan is to get a slide in for it.

89 3/4 ton 5.9L gasser

Unread 10-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #9
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

the other day i found out that my trailer brakes arn't working...
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

Unread 10-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Put a FASS 150 system on my 02 5.9 Dodge friday night and imediatly backed it to the trailer and drove 3 hours out to Raucsh Creek. Fourteen to sixteen PSI at the IP with the Edge on 2x2, cruise set at 75 up every grade, 950-1100* EGT not even breaking a sweat. My new VP44 is much happier now!
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj
Put a FASS 150 system on my 02 5.9 Dodge friday night and imediatly backed it to the trailer and drove 3 hours out to Raucsh Creek. Fourteen to sixteen PSI at the IP with the Edge on 2x2, cruise set at 75 up every grade, 950-1100* EGT not even breaking a sweat. My new VP44 is much happier now!
Did you kill a VP44 and had to replace it?

If the VP44 and the P7100 pumps were to fight, the VP44 would be found hiding in a the bed of the truck crying diesel looking for mommy.
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #12
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The factory lift pump killed the VP44, the dealer replaced it and Chrysler paid for it. I would never run a mechanical injection pump. I like being able to adjust my power levels on the fly, can't to that with a P7100.
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #13
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The factory lift pump killed the VP44, the dealer replaced it and Chrysler paid for it. I would never run a mechanical injection pump. I like being able to adjust my power levels on the fly, can't to that with a P7100.
I like being able to adjust my power levels on the fly as well, on my 12 valve I had one of these installed and it works very well so far.

Unread 10-16-2007, 11:27 AM   #14
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah but when you turn up a mechanical pump, you're always on the highest "power setting". I don't need to be blowing black clouds at every traffic light on my way to the grocery store so I leave it on the stock power setting. The extra power is there when I need it, not when I don't.
Unread 10-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #15
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah but when you turn up a mechanical pump, you're always on the highest "power setting". I don't need to be blowing black clouds at every traffic light on my way to the grocery store so I leave it on the stock power setting. The extra power is there when I need it, not when I don't.
I don't blow black smoke and have plenty power for towing the Jeep when it's needed... I guess I just had it set up correctly for my needs by someone who knows the old Cummins better than most... plus I'll always take the reliability of the oil cooled mechanical pump over the fuel cooled VP44 which doesn't have the best track record. I don't have to worry about a cheap lift pump taking out a very expensive injector pump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.