UHMV for utility trailer sides and bottom - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Trailers & Towing > UHMV for utility trailer sides and bottom

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
cc130nav
1980 CJ7 

UHMV for utility trailer sides and bottom

I have seen where the UHMV plastic has been used as skid plates and was wondering if anyone has seen or used it for a trailer? Am looking for a non-rust/rot solution for my 4x6 utility trailer, the largest thing that goes in the trailer is my riding lawn mower and thats only occasionally. I also realize that material is slick and was wondering how a roll on bedliner would adhere to it? Thanks in advance for the help.

cc130nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

I wouldn't use it for a trailer floor even if you did coat it with something it wont bond correctly to that plastic. Best thing would be to stick with a steel and just keep up with the maintenance of a trailer. You could also use a pressure treated lumber just make sure to treat the part that goes towards the ground with something and don't let mud or anything build up that will prevent it from draining water and drying out.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.